CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just needs to be get rejected as James Bond and Edward Cullen in a Twilight legacyquel to do the full Henry Cavill.

He was already rejected from Top Gun, Jon Snow and Han Solo (bullet dodged there though lol) and had to leave Mission because of The Great scheduling so I think he's already beat Cavill in terms of being the Biggest Loser

• Like 1

20 hours ago, excel1 said:

Still waiting for some names with real pull to help get this project taken seriously. From a commercial perspective, these names feel like X-Men: First Class. Sorry but it is what it is. What happened to Bradley Cooper as Lex and Tom Cruise as someone? It is not 2013. They need to pay whatever is necessary to get some real names in here or this thing is gonna get so overlooked. 

Excel doesn't believe in a DC film?! That means the film is now locked to be a hit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Brosnahan is great casting, Ms. Maisel rocks. The only thing I've seen the dude in was We Own This City and he was fine but completely forgettable as Generic Cop #3. I automatically mildly distrust someone in a Netflix Ryan Murphy project. We shall see. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Now that it's over, was there a particular reason this whole casting process was so public?

Don't really remember the lead-up to either Holland or Pattinson being cast but I think there wasn't so much inside info and so heavily reported.

Felt like Gunn was a casting round away from doing a LeBron The Decision tv special to anounce who's gonna be Superman.

The Pattinson casting was pretty public. We knew the final list, when they screentested, and the actual announcement. The only difference is that there are 2 roles here instead of one there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joel M said:

Felt like Gunn was a casting round away from doing a LeBron The Decision tv special to anounce who's gonna be Superman.

Gunn didn't want to give updates on the casting process and he was even annoyed the trades were giving so many reports, he said it on a podcast

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

He was already rejected from Top Gun, Jon Snow and Han Solo (bullet dodged there though lol) and had to leave Mission because of The Great scheduling so I think he's already beat Cavill in terms of being the Biggest Loser

Feels like the issue is that he just looks too young to be taken seriously in those roles. Like he lacks that presence where you look at him and he commands the room.

Interesting that the trades covered every process of this casting but didn't say anything about F4... that seems to be a scoopers only thing, so i wouldn't be surprised if none of those 4 even get the part compared to the two front-runners first revealed by the trades getting both roles here

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Feels like the issue is that he just looks too young to be taken seriously in those roles. Like he lacks that presence where you look at him and he commands the room.

I think he would have been a very fun Mission bad guy. They had to rewrite the whole part when he left and they replaced him with a much older guy. Maybe he could get a part in The Authority, idk, Matthew Vaughn's rumored for that and he's great at launching Nic Hoult-types into good careers (Egerton, Dickinson, ATJ)

• Like 1

Nicholas Hoult is good as "weird creepy rich guy" or "sad emo guy." None of these roles make sense for him. The famous IP role that he would have been best in is like the hypothetical fifth Roy sibling on Succession.

Not the worst thing to be a handsome guy that people realize is better in character roles than traditional leading man. Someone should have told Brad Pitt this before Troy.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Nicholas Hoult is good as "weird creepy rich guy" or "sad emo guy." None of these roles make sense for him. The famous IP role that he would have been best in is like the hypothetical fifth Roy sibling on Succession.

Not the worst thing to be a handsome guy that people realize is better in character roles than traditional leading man. Someone should have told Brad Pitt this before Troy.

Nic Hoult Mr Myxlplyx, with Kieran Culkin as Bat-Mite

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I honestly don’t think it’s that. For me personally is that because for some odd reason, although I know that Pattinson is older, he feels younger than Hoult, never mind the fact that Pattinson is the better actor. 

We keep talking about giving him the Lex role, and I have a feeling that how there were conflicting reports for him as either Clark or Lex maybe we should consider that he doesn’t want to play Lex? Because we all could see it, and he kinda fits with the Skarsgard boys. I wouldn’t mind if he gets one of the roles for The Authority though, it’s been reported that this casting could serve to help casting that cast as well.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Now that it's over, was there a particular reason this whole casting process was so public?

Don't really remember the lead-up to either Holland or Pattinson being cast but I think there wasn't so much inside info and so heavily reported.

LOL be happy you apparently weren't following this in 2003.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Agree on this, and not in a Bruce Wayne way either.

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

No, we thank the Gods every day for this

• Haha 4

On 6/15/2023 at 2:01 AM, excel1 said:

Obviously odds are probably not in his favor at this point. If I had to bet money, it would be David Corenswet, who would be fine. But as a producer, I would personally want the guy with the giant social media following. Elordi has the looks and chops to do it, though I may want to know just how his Elvis performance will fare before this one...

👊