CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

WB are idiots.That would be awesome.And since Cavill was the one to bring him on board he rightfully asked for producer credit and more money.Hamada is stupid for not accepting.

I am not sure that Cavill would really deserve a producers credit, but then a lot of actors who really don't deserve a producers credit get one for doing even less then Cavill.

Old joke about a Hollywood studio head who was asked why he gave actors a producers credit on a film when everybody knew the actor had little to do with the film aside from his acting. The studio boss said "I give them a producers credit,, I don't have to pay them as much".

I see that Cavill and McQuarrie seem to have hit it off really well, though.

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

because they don’t want Henry Cavill anymore?

Clearly he’s not getting the same treatment (or better term, protection) that Ezra Miller is getting 

Cavill is not going to come back as Supes. That is water under the bridge.

And I got a feeling that not even a real cameo appreance by Superman in "Shazam" is the only appreance of Supes in the DC Cinematic Universe we are going to get for a while. They seem not very anxious to reboot him.

Batman, yes, but Batsy has been their big cash cow recently;Superman not so much.

• Thanks 1

The signs are on the wall 

Matthew Vaughn and Christopher McQuarrie are great filmmakers and I’m sure Warner Bros. knows that but it’s obvious they don’t wanna continue with the Zack Snyder/Henry Cavill version of Superman, and that’s understandable. They’ve had 3 installments of that character and with underwhelming response. 

But I doubt they aren’t interested in doing another Superman film, they just don’t wanna do Man Of Steel 2. Proof: James Gunn was offered Superman but he chose Suicide Squad. It seems like they want a competent director to helm a new iteration of the character.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 4:06 PM, John Marston said:

So WB turned down an Oscar winner and guy behind crticslly snd commercially successful films for a Superman movie. Doesn’t make sense to me. Doubt his pitch would have been that bad 

Or maybe his take on Supes did not fit in with what DC has in mind for the character.

I think WB is going to be a lot more careful about what directors..no matter how  successful..do with their charecters after the "Snyder Experience".

• Thanks 1

It may be what was needed. Cavill's star power has not only rehabbed, but grown and been legitimized since BvS/JL. Also, there is a thirst for him to get a second film. Everyone liked the actors in their roles sans Eisenberg. MAN OF STEEL 2 with a different director would have very significant potential. 

If they can fix Cavill's hairline, physically he has another 2 movies in him no doubt. 

• Like 1

I share the same opinion as (almost) everyone when it comes to Grace and how reliable she is but, for what is worth, she did teased discussions for the Snyder Cut back in November and even a week ago she hinted that it Snyder Cut was a go so maybe.... 

Anyway, I don’t think this necessarily means MOS2. He could appear in Black Adam and/or Shazam 2 and later have his movie. 

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

I think they're just gonna reboot

It’s not really Grace but the cryptic tweets by Henry’s manager. Plus the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut event that was orchestrated by WB/HBO Max and they chose Cavill of all the actors to announce it. I mean I get that it was a MOS Watch party but Ray Fisher and Jason Momoa would be ecstatic  to do it.

Also, Garcia might have worked something off considering she also reps The Rock. I can already think of an offer they couldn’t refuse. And seems like WB is willing to listen to the fans for once and Cavill is what they want (the majority of them).

WB no doubt noticed Cavill's popularity has jumped in the last 12 months. They no doubt feel foolish to watch Chris Evans Captain America become a box office force and cinematic legend while they totally squandered (so far) Cavill's far more well known character.  People always liked him in the role. Get it in the right hands (sorry Zack) and MOS 2 will pull a SKYFALL and explode. If they could fix Cavill's hairline, he would still look 30 and could easily play the role for another 10 years. 

SUPERMAN would be a great project for JJ Abrams or Brad Bird type to rebound with. Only thing they need to do is recast Lex Luthor with Cillian Murphy.

Just make it a direct sequel to MOS and ignore the other stuff. Nobody is going to care. Just make the best film of an established Superman that you can. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1