Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Since nobody bothered to post the OS weekend take here...

$168m (88 territories), total $439m

It won't beat Furious 7 OS run! I think $1B is doubtful. Everything will depends on China run (it must go at least with $250 mln).

My prediction right now is $950-990 mln OS.

It won't beat Furious 7 OS run! I think $1B is doubtful. Everything will depends on China run (it must go at least with $250 mln).

My prediction right now is $950-990 mln OS.

if China hits $250M, Age of Ultron would have to drop by over $100M from Avengers 1 in the rest of the foreign market to end at $950M. It's going to have to start doing that really soon, since Avengers was past the half-way point in its international gross after this weekend, and Age of Ultron is about $30M ahead in non-Chinese markets. 

EDIT: To put it another way. Let's say Japan only manages $30M this go around. $700M outside of China would mean that you expect the film to only make ~$240M more in holdover markets, coming off a weekend that was close to $170M. The film made that much in the past week. You much be expecting some monster drops in the new markets, despite no real Hollywood competition for a few weeks.

If China hits $250M, I think that $1B overseas will easily be passed. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 1

I think by the end of its run AoU will be leading Furious 7 in non-China OS by at least $100M (based on individual market comparison). That means it can make a bit less than $300M in China and will still most likely out-gross FF7 OS. Tough but possible. As for WW earnings, there is no question that it will out-gross FF7, cuz the NA total willbe at least $450M.

• Like 1

I think by the end of its run AoU will be leading Furious 7 in non-China OS by at least $100M (based on individual market comparison). That means it can make a bit less than $300M in China and will still most likely out-gross FF7 OS. Tough but possible. As for WW earnings, there is no question that it will out-gross FF7, cuz the NA total willbe at least $450M.

Are taking into consideration countries like Mexico and Brazil.

wasn't it 40% higher last weekend? now 7%. legs are wobbling fast

oh God.

+44%/+24%  on TA/IM3 was when considering local currencies.

On a dollar basis it would have been more like +17%/10% respectively.

And when they said +7%/+6% they took out the OW of China in both movies (otherwise it would have been down something since both TA and IM3 were above 440 M after 2nd WE OS)

• Like 2

oh God.

+44%/+24%  on TA/IM3 was when considering local currencies.

On a dollar basis it would have been more like +17%/10% respectively.

And when they said +7%/+6% they took out the OW of China in both movies (otherwise it would have been down something since both TA and IM3 were above 440 M after 2nd WE OS)

After the first overseas weekend Age of Ultron was sitting at $201M. Avengers was sitting at $185M after the same point in time. The difference between the two was 8.6%.

After the second weekend  Age of Ultron was sitting at $439M. Avengers (minus China) was sitting at $429M. The difference is 2.3%.

This does not take into consideration what markets were open or for how long. Avengers 1 made 1% more than Age of Ultron this past week, largely due to differences in European legs since Age of Ultron handily won this weekend, even if you give Avengers 1 China. 

After the first overseas weekend Age of Ultron was sitting at $201M. Avengers was sitting at $185M after the same point in time. The difference between the two was 8.6%.

After the second weekend  Age of Ultron was sitting at $439M. Avengers (minus China) was sitting at $429M. The difference is 2.3%.

This does not take into consideration what markets were open or for how long. Avengers 1 made 1% more than Age of Ultron this past week, largely due to differences in European legs since Age of Ultron handily won this weekend, even if you give Avengers 1 China. 

Disney gave my numbers. I don't think they simply look at the totals and made a brief comparision. They considered country by country and so their comparisions are far more precise than those you made by simpy considering totals.

TA2 is running 7% above TA and 6% above IM3 in the same countries and taking into account the number of days it has been released in every country. 

• Like 1

Pretty expected number......... but the pathetic domestic opening has pretty much ruined its chances of surpassing first one's total.

Lol $187 mil is pathetic absolute disgrace disney will lose hundreds of million's on this movie ;)

• Like 4

Current OS markets 440m+250m=690m

Japan 40m

China 320m

Still 1050m OS.

Will be very close between this and F7 WW. No race in OS though.

Thank You. I don't know why people are doubting $300 million from China. This is the perfect movie for Chinese market at this time and the Hollywood competition that it will face isn't all that. Tomorrowland ? Pffft

Thank You. I don't know why people are doubting $300 million from China. This is the perfect movie for Chinese market at this time and the Hollywood competition that it will face isn't all that. Tomorrowland ? Pffft

Pffft or not, if they remove all its showtimes once Tomorrowland comes out, there's little than can be done.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it makes $300M+ in China. Heck it might top FF7 gross there, a week before FF7 came in China no one thought it would top TF4. 

If I am not mistaken presales are more.

about 1-1.1bn overseas is the consensus with china. but DOM will go $100m less, so its about even on the first.

overall a disappointment esp as currencies played no part.

quality dropped significantly from the first, with no real high stakes as promised("fighting an army of powerless robots")

I wonders about Thailand number, they say $7.4M (equal to ฿245M)

but gross until Saturday is only ฿124M 

it's impossible to generate ฿120M in just one day

2 choices

1. something wrong

2. something change

for a long time, number that is shown in Thailand box office

is only the gross from BANGKOK metropolitan region and CHIANG MAI (about 500+ out of 850+ screens)

$7.4M is impossible for this 500 but for 850 screens, it is

however, there is no sign that our box office basis will be changed right NOW, something wrong is more possible

but if it really "change" then $20M for one movie will be easy for Thailand 

(local movie, Pee Mak did $30M in 2013)

If I am not mistaken presales are more.

But they've started 4 days earlier and opening on Tuesday and there is different group of society as target (students and pupils instead of mid age adultscompare to F7) so presales are stronger but OD should weaker a lot. Hopefully with 6 day opening it could earn some good money ;) we'll see !

• Like 1