Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

Answer to the post below:

The above convo is not "just posting updated numbers for FF7". It is a desperate attempt to increase the gross despite the fact that Universal has issued no official announcement that justifies any of the above figures.

JW and Minions is irrelevant to my post and of course FF7 was super-successful despite not passing TA. I am simply advising some FF7 fanatics that their waiting could end up being pointless.

But you were on here doing the same thing a few months ago when it was looking like FF7 might beat TA. Constantly posting hoping FF7 didn't beat TA. What makes what you were doing any better than the fans.

They haven't updated Furious 7 total, since Jurassic World was released 2 months ago. I think F7 already surpassed The Avengers worldwide.

They have actually updated the total a number of times since Jurassic World was released. The film just isn't earning much per week. 

But you were on here doing the same thing a few months ago when it was looking like FF7 might beat TA. Constantly posting hoping FF7 didn't beat TA. What makes what you were doing any better than the fans.

Haven't I been right all along (at least until now)? My most recent prediction is that it is very unlikely but not impossible. So let's relax as I said earlier and we'll all be happier.

Haven't I been right all along (at least until now)? My most recent prediction is that it is very unlikely but not impossible. So let's relax as I said earlier and we'll all be happier.

So bottom line is, you're more obsessed with FF7 failing then we are at it succeeding, and yet you're constantly coming to this post to tell us to calm down? You're logic is undeniable...Not!

• Like 1

Why did Universal stop domestic tracking so early for F7 compared to its other films? Did it lose screens that fast? I noticed it still had 357 theaters on the last day of tracking, June 18.

I dunno...they may fix the DOM mistake on FF7. Cause it's run clearly had to be longer than until June 18....especially considering Paul Walker's death.

It's October now, the summer has ended........and still no recent update. I mean has this thing happened similarly before in BOM?

If anyone was hoping for 'Fast & Furious 7' to surpass 'Marvel's the Avengers' at the worldwide box office, that hope has now been annihilated. Furious 7 numbers, both domestic and overseas, were updated recently (between a few minutes and a few days ago):

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fast7.htm

The numbers also make it clear that Inside Out is safely ahead of Furious 7 in North America by about $3 million.

Edited by quigquag33

Dunno if anyone's interested but I added up all the openings of Furious 7 and Jurassic World in all countries outside North America (I defined opening as anything earned by the film up to its first Sunday). The results are:

Furious 7: $333.76M

Jurassic World: $328.4M

Pretty close but still Furious 7 is the winner. They are second and third all time respectively, behind none other than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 which made $343.72M.

21 hours ago, IMojammer said:

For Furious 7 is that just the first sunday ($64m)?

Yes, I had to choose a definition for opening weekend so this was my only choice. In-depth analysis over at Jurassic World's thread: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/16909-jurassic-world-os-1013b-os-1664b-ww-china-228m-united-kingdom-1004m/?do=findComment&comment=2261913