LexJoker

Thursday 11/6/2014 - Interstellar 3.3-3.4(Rth)

It's Paramount. I've come to expect the shadiest of shady Hollywood accounting from that studio.

And yet people still wonder why we take their numbers with a grain of salt.

It's off topic. And it's not going to happen. Not for Avengers and especially not for SW. 

It might not happen within the next 14 months, but the point is that it'll happen eventually, and it won't be fair, because it won't be actual midnight showtimes.

Not sure why you'd say "especially" not for SW though. Hasn't SW had some huge record-setting preview numbers in the past?

Edited by kitik

It might not happen within the next 14 months, but the point is that it'll happen eventually, and it won't be fair, because it won't be actual midnight showtimes.

Not sure why you'd say "especially" not for SW though. Hasn't SW had some huge record-setting preview numbers in the past?

December. Not that it would make it even if it opened in Summer.

Though you'd wish it would be zero.

But the rules have changed these days. Avengers or Star Wars or something else is going to break Harry Potter's midnight/previews record (what is it, 41M or something like that?) even though they won't really even be midnight showings. But they'll officially have the record. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan, and I still say that sucks.

But weren't HP midnight numbers not just midnight?  Didn't they play that movie all night long until it rolled right into Friday mornings?  They added 3 am, 4am, 5am, and 6am shows ...  that is some truly dedicated fan base. :lol:

so if others were counted the number would increase?

Edit:

Is that how they're doing it?  So those 249 evening shows still go in Thur?  

I'm so confused.  Though that makes more #s sense comparative to how those 249 did on Wed.

It doesn't include the theaters that it opened in on Thursday night. As Hollywood always does, those will be added into Friday numbers.

My guess is that all earnings from 8PM onwards is being shoved to Friday, even for the 249 theaters that got it first.

They would have had to write program to try anddo that and not all theatres report breakdowns most its just a total for the whole day

Highly unlikely.

That's not how it works for expansions.

The figure for Thu released is the total for the whole day/night for the preview theatres , the 2.7m figure is just for those locations that started thurs eve.

• Like 6