LexJoker

Thursday 11/6/2014 - Interstellar 3.3-3.4(Rth)

Here's the quote:

Good ?, as far as i know thurs will be the initial 250+ rest, but that could change,  Thu total say looking around 3.3-3.4m mark

• Like 1

Ah, okay, my mistake. So it sounds like that's everything wrapped up in one, including all the extra shows in the evening.

So it did make 3.5 mill on Thurs?

So does this mean it had regular Thursday previews also?  

If so, then the 3.5 number is disappointing imo.  Assuming it didn't drop in IMAX, then that means the previews yielded about 2 mill.  That seems awfully low.

If so, then the 3.5 number is disappointing imo.  Assuming it didn't drop in IMAX, then that means the previews yielded about 2 mill.  That seems awfully low.

i thought it was 1.2 Tuesday 1.4 Wednesday and 3.5 Thursday

which leads me think 

16 Friday, 21 Saturday 15 Sunday 

52+6 = 58 5 day

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

Didn't Gravity do 1.5M?

i thought it was 1.2 Tuesday 1.4 Wednesday and 3.5 Thursday

which leads me think 

16 Friday, 21 Saturday 15 Sunday 

52+6 = 58 5 day

No, 1.35 was Tues night + all Wednesday.

3.3-3.4 seems to be all Thursday (including all expanded sneaks on Thurs night).

Thursday sneaks started at 8pm for digital theaters.

Didn't Gravity do 1.5M?

Gravity isn't Nolan.

So if you are expecting and are happy with 55 mill this weekend, then it's a great number.  

Gravity isn't Nolan.

So if you are expecting and are happy with 55 mill this weekend, then it's a great number.  

Gravity had 96 on RT and Meta with james cameron saying its the greatest space movie ever made. twitter reactions were amazing

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

Gravity had 96 on RT and Meta with james cameron saying its the greatest space movie ever made. twitter reactions were amazing

RT doesn't have much affect on OW. 

As for the gross.

So Wednesday gross was 1.3M. You figure a chunk of that was Tuesday previews (maybe 400K, with Weds grossing 800K)

So Thursday DAY would drop from Wednesday DAY.

So you figure Thursday DAY would be about 600 - 700K total.

3.3 TOTAL FOR THURSDAY would mean, that at least 2M would be from previews(WIDE).

Edited by #ED

Paramount had a theme park???

Paramount didnt "have" a themepark, they just secured naming and licensing rights to Carowinds, which is a NC/SC theme park. Paramount eventually sold the name and the took away character rights. It didnt "tank", Carowinds still does gangbuster business.

• Like 1

I honestly think Gravity had more hype before release than interstellar, it had a nice hook and looked visually stunning with great amount of tension in the trailers. I'd be surprised if interstellar makes much more than 230m. No way is it going to have the same legs as gravity did with Mockingjay right around the corner.

RT doesn't have much affect on OW.

It certainly does, though there is absolutely no way to tell seeing as how there will always only be one opening weekend.

Maybe if we can build a trans-dimensional portal and find a parallel universe in which Gravity had a much lower RT score or RT didn't exist and then we could compare the two...