grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

I thought it was alright to be honest but a lot of people seemed to not like it, especially compared to other Nolan films.

compare ?boxoffice wise? imdb wise , rt wise, mc wise etc?

lot of people seemed to not like it, especially compared to other Nolan films.----that is a statement, where is the comparison support by data, figure,charts,tables etc?

Edited by rickfox

compare ?boxoffice wise? imdb wise , rt wise, mc wise etc?

lot of people seemed to not like it, especially compared to other Nolan films.----that is a statement, where is the comparison support by data, figure etc?

Well ask people on this forum for a start. Jesus man, I know its hard to accept but Lord Nolan isn't above making a flawed movie.

Also 'IMDB wise'?, please.

• Like 3

Well ask people on this forum for a start. Jesus man, I know its hard to accept but Lord Nolan isn't above making a flawed movie.

you made that statement, why I am the one to prove it?

its hard to accept---sorry,did I stated anything about Nolan that i accept or I don't accept ?

I said it before, and I will say it again

there are people worship(unnecessary,he is just a bloody human ) Nolan to a degree some of them became $#% * something, but I can always find a bit balance by take a look at otherside of the coin--

Edited by rickfox

Well BH6 I thought be one I'd be out on but turns out in range and as it turns out IS followed the pattern of Skyfall almost identical whole day and Gravity to an extent in the eve but not during daytime, so had gone with similar would have nailed 17m lol

and as having just seen what  Noctis did many hours ago going to have to lightning bolt his ass. 

How's today looking?

you're asking to the minority then, 83% of the forum users voted A or B in the TDKR RTM thread. TA percentage of A+B votes is only 2% higher for example.
Edited by Goffe R Swanson

It's certainly not as revered as TDK. And, Inception's marketing was better too. Easier to sell a heist writ large than a space movie.

Interstellar cannot show in its marketing the striking money shots that Inception had.

Interstellar didn t have those, especially after eye candy space movie Gravity.

I am not putting down IS, loved the movie but it is what it is, a serious,,bleak, hard sci fi movie where the words fun and excitement don t really apply.

• Like 1

you're asking to the minority then, 83% of the forum users voted A or B in the TDKR RTM thread. TA percentage of A+B votes is only 2% higher for example.

Oh god. There have been loads of people lately doing polls for their favorite Nolan films and TDKR is nearly always near the bottom of the list. Make a new thread with a poll if you care that much.

Jesus, i feel like i'm in the 5th dimension here. I expect angry villagers with pitchforks after me next, "What you said is BLASPHEMY!!!!"

• Like 2

I really want to know what went wrong though. I mean, I know we all overestimated, so I guess that answers that. But why did Interstellar open so low especially when Inception had opened higher? Was it the marketing? Reviews? Big Hero 6?

I guess it's all 3, but still, this sucks.

I think the problem is that not enough people go to the movies anymore.

Does anyone have confirmation on Skyfall's precise Thursday IMAX Preview/Midnight gross split?  BOM's Friday report for the weekend simply points to a 30.8M Friday, suggesting 2.2M from previews (which I've seen all over the place).  DHD refers to a 2.4M number for "Friday midnight shows", and Nikki quotes a 4.6M total, which adds up.  Is there any other confirmation for this second set?

DHD - http://deadline.com/2012/11/skyfall-opens-with-imax-midnights-as-321m-bond-movie-abroad-arrives-in-u-s-canada-spielbergs-lincoln-platforms-368990/

BOM - http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3564&p=.htm

Edited by Spizzer - Manav