grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

FWIW, using Skyfall and WiR as comps for IS and BH6, here's how the weekends would look:

IS

2.7M Previews

14.3M Friday

17.2M Saturday (+20.5%)

12.2M Sunday (-29.1%)

46.4M Weekend

(48.5M 5.5 day total)

BH6

1.4M Previews

14.4M Friday

23.4M Saturday (+62.5%)

15.7M Sunday (-33.2%)

54.9M Weekend

Some obvious notes: the dynamics of the previews are different than the two 2012 releases.  IS more than likely has a deflated Friday due to the strange mid-week IMAX release, though it somehow still had a larger Thursday night/midnight preview gross than Skyfall.  BH6 on the other hand, had a significantly larger % of its OD gross come from previews than WiR (8.8% vs. 3.0%), which would intuitively suggest that all else equal, it should hold a little weaker over the course of the weekend than WiR.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav

FWIW, using Skyfall and WiR as comps for IS and BH6, here's how the weekends would look:

IS

2.7M Previews

14.2M Friday

17.2M Saturday (+20.5%)

12.2M Sunday (-29.1%)

46.4M Weekend

(48.5M 5.5 day total)

BH6

1.4M Previews

14.4M Friday

23.4M Saturday (+62.5%)

15.7M Sunday (-33.2%)

54.9M Weekend

I am sorry, but the figure for friday is 14.2?

Oh god. There have been loads of people lately doing polls for their favorite Nolan films and TDKR is nearly always near the bottom of the list. 

the only logical conclusion is that he only makes very good movies  B)

Also… MALEFICENT :wub:  >>> Nolan

:ph34r:  :ph34r:

<_<

Maleficent was one of the worst movie I've seen all year, while Interstellar was one of the best, so I don't think I agree with your post.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 4

<_<

Maleficent was one of the worst movie I've seen all year, while Interstellar was one of the best, so I don't think I agree with your post.

Just talking from a box office standpoint.

I haven't seen IS, but I *adored* the hell out of Maleficent. There's a chance I may like it better than IS too….  B)  :stirthepot:

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

Just talking from a box office standpoint.

I haven't seen IS, but I *adored* the hell out of Maleficent. There's a chance I may like it better than IS too….  B)

Obviously.

I have no idea. My problem with Maleficent was with how much I thought the plot and execution of the idea of the film was clumsily put together.

Still hope you enjoy Interstellar.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

I still wish I could get my buck fifty back for Trans4mers. That movie was fresh vomit… sorry Baumer ;)

MALEFICENT took me by total surprise b/c I had zero expectations and yet fell in love with it despite the reviews here and on RT. I loved GODZILLA too. I'm so glad MALEFICENT did amazingly well WW and over performed domestically. 

#HAILANGIE

#HAILANGIESCHEEKBONES

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

I am sorry, but the figure for friday is 14.2?

Yeah.  17M OD Estimate minus 2.7M Thursday/Midnight Previews = 14.3M Friday

EDIT: Sorry, should say 14.3M.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav
  • Like 1

How was INTERSTELLAR forg? Nakakaantok? Going to see it tomorrow.

Hindi nakaka antok for me.I didn't understand the science stuff haha but it's very compelling, I didn't notice the time

Edited by forg
  • Like 2