grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

It won't. 140 Domestic and prob, 300-450 OS. It'll still be a major hit for Nolan. Maybe next time Nolan has to do a script that him or his brother didn't write. But he'll still find someone for 50-150 million projects to direct til he dies.

But Nolan's best film is still Memento, He doesn't need a budget.

• Like 1

If the movie makes under 125m it will be a bomb. Studios are not going want to work with Nolan and give him a huge budget again. 

Darn that Ridley Scott, why do keep throwing big budgets at him when the majority of his films underperform / flop.

Also because of The Island flopping Michael Bay is finished.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

I'll take that as a compliment to Nolan that you would give what you consider his worst movie a B-. ;) 

I'm feeling sentimental... like Nolan. ;)

IMAX again? 

No... 35mm..

Large chunks are consistently near awful in the first half, that ending's too fun for me to place it last though.

Interestingly for me, it was chunks in the second half I had major issues with. The pacing is occasionally awkward in the first half, I'll give ya that.

• Like 1

It won't. 140 Domestic and prob, 300-450 OS. It'll still be a major hit for Nolan. Maybe next time Nolan has to do a script that him or his brother didn't write. But he'll still find someone for 50-150 million projects to direct til he dies.

But Nolan's best film is still Memento, He doesn't need a budget.

How is it a hit for Nolan ? If noting else , it seems like a flop to me , considering the hype and budget . I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Nolan like shyamalan . It' s not like inception was a huge hit and neither was batman begins or insomnia , he was just lucky with ledger's death before the dark night .

Oh and memento is trash .

How is it a hit for Nolan ? If noting else , it seems like a flop to me , considering the hype and budget . I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Nolan like shyamalan . It' s not like inception was a huge hit and neither was batman begins or insomnia , he was just lucky with ledger's death before the dark night .

Oh and memento is trash .

LOL, INCEPTION was huge. C'mon, man.

• Like 10