grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

The demographics are fairly encouraging, but this will get adjusted down 1.5 million. There's not many older skewing films for the rest of the month is there? I don't think 3x is actually that unreasonable (with the help of Thanksgiving)

Edited by MrPink

Now that the weekend numbers are in, this chapter of my life has passed. No more wondering how much Interstellar can make, or how well the rest of the Box Office will hold up. Remember when "rumors" started that predicted that BH6 "may" beat Interstellar...

• Like 3

Ouija's budget is just $5M and it will likely finish around $50M. Nice little hit for Universal

St. Vincent's holds are excellent, can it go all the way to 50-60M? Even if the movie is not on the list of predicted Oscar players, the movie is from Weinstein so they might as well try and get Bill at least golden globe nod

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Finished the Smaug EE.

The early additions with Beorn and Mirkwood as well as the Train stuff is great. The extra Laketown stuff is more hit or miss. Denethor is no longer the most disgusting eater in Middle Earth.

Easily. Probably more... split between two studios, though.

Yes, probably more, but unless our "sources" tell us otherwise, I think 250 is a good number.

Horror movies are so inexpensive I feel like all studios should just make 10 a year and watch the money roll in.

I don't actually believe all these $5mil, $6mil budgets that they say all this recent horror films have. I could be wrong but i don't believe it. Most of them make very decent grosses so why would they only give these films such low budgets?, especially for the sequels.

Edited by stuart360