Mojoguy

Saturday numbers 12/24/11

The movie industry is in trouble. It's obvious that people don't go to the movies much nowdays.We can blame the product availiable as much as we want but i don't think that this is the real problem. I can see that all films (exept MI4) are underperforming. That just isn't natural. Most of them are good movies. It doesn't matter if we like all of them and in what degree. Those are well made and solid films more or less. From Sherlock to Dragon Tattooo to Tintin and The Muppets and Arthur Christmas and Hugo before them. So it can't be the quality. Even Alvin which is a really lovable francise to its audience is doing mediocre numbers.As far as Saturday drops, they are perfectly normal considering it was Christmas eve. Nothing to prove actually for any movie. From today on i hope and feel that business will pick up. Especially for MI4, Holmes and Dragon Tattoo.

Yeah these are pretty typical drops. The issue isn't the drops, it's that the grosses aren't too high in the first place

Thank you! Low grosses indicate low demand. Anyone who expect extreme recovery and insane legs for _____(insert favorite movie) is deluding himself/herself. Movies that have potential for better run show that from the beginning.

Like others have said, it's not the way they're performing it's the amount that they started from. Starting today they should start performing better; but probably not enough to make their final grosses respectable. MI4 is the clear winner this season.

• Like 2

The movie industry is in trouble. It's obvious that people don't go to the movies much nowdays.We can blame the product availiable as much as we want but i don't think that this is the real problem. I can see that all films (exept MI4) are underperforming. That just isn't natural. Most of them are good movies. It doesn't matter if we like all of them and in what degree. Those are well made and solid films more or less. From Sherlock to Dragon Tattooo to Tintin and The Muppets and Arthur Christmas and Hugo before them. So it can't be the quality. Even Alvin which is a really lovable francise to its audience is doing mediocre numbers.As far as Saturday drops, they are perfectly normal considering it was Christmas eve. Nothing to prove actually for any movie. From today on i hope and feel that business will pick up. Especially for MI4, Holmes and Dragon Tattoo.

The question is...what changed between the summer and this holiday season? Because, at least to me, this past summer was pretty big. It was the usual share of blockbusters, sleeper hits, disappointments, flops, and everything in between. But since October (or September, but that month is always dead) the box office has been unusually low, with a few exceptions.