grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

Interstellar will probably be around 7.5M today.

Possible 25M weekend.

:unsure:

IS 6.5 :unsure:

If these numbers turn out to be correct - why is it getting such a big drop from OW? This should not be getting near a 50% drop, it's an adult oriented film and it's not based on existing material.

If these numbers turn out to be correct - why is it getting such a big drop from OW? This should not be getting near a 50% drop, it's an adult oriented film and it's not based on existing material.

BECAUSE THE RT RATING IS 75%.

• Like 4

Very nice start for Dumb and Dumber 2. I hope Jim Carey will have the comeback that I was hoping Robin Williams would get. Plus I want PG13 comedies to make a comeback too. Some of the R rated comedies resort to the overuse of words f*ck and sh*t I can barely notice the punchline

How amazing was it last year when BMH beat Thor2 for the weekend. Nobody saw it coming.

It beat Thor 2 on Friday, not over the entire weekend. But yeah, nobody saw BMH performing like it did.

Edited by grim22

I think IS take another fall next weekend, if it will recover it will have to during Thanksgiving.

However Mj1 is no twilight.

Mj1 will make around 160 million on its opening weekend but will make another 120-130+ million from day 4-10 as well. 

• Like 1

Interstellar had the biggest opening for a Nolan movie in China:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/interstellar-time-travels-to-strong-first-day-b-o-in-china-1201356188/

The film clocked up RMB33.3 million ($5.4 million) from 7,742 screens, according to data from Warner Bros.

That is the biggest opening to date in China for a Christopher Nolan-directed film. “Inception” opened with RMB12 million, while “The Dark Knight Rises” took RMB28.3 million.

The figure is also ahead of the opening for “Gravity,” which launched in the same period last year with RMB28.8 million ($4.69 million) and finished at $70.7 million.

Industry watchers in China have estimated “Interstellar” to be capable of grossing RMB500 million-700 million ($81 million-$114 million) in the Middle Kingdom.

• Like 2