hasanahmad

Will future James Cameron movies be considered flops if they don't reach $1 billion WW at box office ?

If the next James Cameron movie is a flop, it would still be the highest grossing flop ever made.

Hah hah Dash.... Amen.

ROFL.. I dont think JC's 30+ yr string of fans, especially the ones who lord over T2, Aliens, The Mighty Titanic and Avatar are going to leave him anytime soon.

Didnt some big magazine name him the 8-12th most influential person in the world...Lol

No flops are coming anytime soon if ever!

• Like 1

If Avatar makes less than a billion, there will WWW thread for it.  I'm not kidding.  Some people here really have a hard time understanding box office....and this isn't me saying I'm smarter than anyone, but there is a difference between what you hope it will do and what it realistically will do.  

Hah hah , but B can any of us realistically predict Avatar 2's max highend domestically or WW or its middle range.

I think not.. Never Never never has a film come that has the potential to go beyond 4B WW... :)

Im still saying HOLY SHIT at the possibilities..

Wow and we have the first real 800M-1B+ domestic run here Baumer... Potential is crazy!!!

• Like 1

Titanic got a billion , avatar shook the world and got a Billion, if Avatar 2 and beyond get less than 1 billion WW and every subsequent one gets less as they are supposedly releasing close to each other, will they be considered flops in relation to his past

Movies? Will the charm wear off ?

Titanic adjusted made 1B in one run Hasan... And even Avengers and HP 2 cant touch its 1.8B WW or its new gross of 2.1B.

If Avatar failed to make a Billion WW, I think everyone would faint or its the result of a worldwide disaster of some sort.

Pretty much impossible for that scenario to happen. It should surpass Avengers and  DH2 WW within a 3-4weeks.

So not a problem for 1B WW. lol

• Like 1

I personally think Avatar 2 will diappoint and make substancially less than the first Avatar. The first Avatar was a lightning in a bottle event movie, the movie that started the 3D trend. I think in order for Avatar 2 to make similar money, it would need to break new ground and be something special. If its just another sequel it won't make any where close to what the first made.

Titanic adjusted made 1B in one run Hasan... And even Avengers and HP 2 cant touch its 1.8B WW or its new gross of 2.1B.

If Avatar failed to make a Billion WW, I think everyone would faint or its the result of a worldwide disaster of some sort.

Pretty much impossible for that scenario to happen. It should surpass Avengers and  DH2 WW within a 3-4weeks.

So not a problem for 1B WW. lol

Dom decrease is possible, I don't think it will do much more than 600M DOM.

Whatever it might lose domestic, it will overcompensate on foreign territories. Avatar is not an american property, it's a worldwide phenomena. China and asian markets will boost it so hard that domestic gross won't weigh that much in the balance. I mean it could gross 1,5/2B worldwide without making a single dollar in the US, that's how crazy the ratio DOM/WW gross is.