Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

You know....I really do like the hunger game franchise. But mj part 1 under performing kinda brings a smile to my face. My love for Potter trumps my feelings for the hunger games series. And it's nice to see the box office reflect that....

Taking catching fire out of the equation it's hard to argue that thg is a larger franchise than Potter domestically. I mean SS did actually sell more tickets than the fist hunger games. Mockingjay pt 1 is only going to do marginally better than DH 1....and potter arguably had far more franchise fatigue by the time the penultimate instalment came out. And furthermore I believe there is a strong possibly that dh2 could end up beating MJpt2.

Not that I want to start a potter vs hunger games debate. It's just that people have always been saying thg was so much bigger than potter domestically. And I think those views were a little premature and not quite accurate.

But why take CF out of the equation?

• Like 5

But why take CF out of the equation?

I'm just saying that the first instalment of HP performed very similar to the first instalment of THG. The penultimate instalment of THG is going to perform very similar to the penultimate entry of Potter and likely the finale of both series will perform similarly as well. The only film in THG franchise that deviates from Potter was Catching Fire. Is that enough of a reason to declare THG a stronger domestic series? Does one 424m film trump 5 films that all consistently made 330m+ adjusted for inflation? Edited by Lumos

You know....I really do like the hunger game franchise. But mj part 1 under performing kinda brings a smile to my face. My love for Potter trumps my feelings for the hunger games series. And it's nice to see the box office reflect that....

Taking catching fire out of the equation it's hard to argue that thg is a larger franchise than Potter domestically. I mean SS did actually sell more tickets than the fist hunger games. Mockingjay pt 1 is only going to do marginally better than DH 1....and potter arguably had far more franchise fatigue by the time the penultimate instalment came out. And furthermore I believe there is a strong possibly that dh2 could end up beating MJpt2.

Not that I want to start a potter vs hunger games debate. It's just that people have always been saying thg was so much bigger than potter domestically. And I think those views were a little premature and not quite accurate.

I was pretty cold about Harry potter at the beginning and but looking at how well they handled the actors through their age and movies got better with every iteration , there will truly be nothing like it in the near decades. It's a once in a generation thing and it deserves it as does the writer who was consistent unlike Susanne Collins whose 3rd book collapsed .

• Like 3

Wrong.  A new power is rising, its victory is at hand.

The Lawsbians have left the Mockingjay thread. They crossed the Weekend Numbers thread on Thanksgiving eve, disguised as CGI orcs. They will find the Hobbit, and kill those who will see it.

• Like 8

Wrong.  A new power is rising, its victory is at hand.

The Lawsbians have left the Mockingjay thread. They crossed the Weekend Numbers thread on Thanksgiving eve, disguised as CGI orcs. They will find the Hobbit, and kill those who will see it.

The fact that I get these jokes just shows how much of a LOTR fanboy I am, doesn't it? :ph34r:

• Like 6

You don't seriously think that Lawsbians could contend with the will of Hobbitses?

• Like 1

You don't seriously think that Lawsbians could contend with the will of Hobbitses?

Concealed within her fortress, the lady of Panem sees all. Her gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth, and iCloud passwords. You know of what I speak, Ozzy: a great bird, featherless, wreathed in flame.

• Like 2

I guess that's a better way to go out than through boredom.

I made the mistake of watching the extended version of Smaug this w/e. How can a movie with a dragon, elves and dwarves and a wizard based on a book I love be so damn dull?