Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

i haven't and i'm not going to listen to it, because the main character of a movie (katniss in mj1) singing a good, emotional song expertly woven into the plot and themes of the movie deserves the oscar over a credits song

It's an award for best song. If The Hobbit's is a better song, even though it's not sung by the main character in the middle of the movie, then it deserves to win. Simple as that.

• Like 1

I think it is. But I mean, I thought by Original Song, they just meant songs that haven't been heard before. Obviously, in the book, you must've just read it on the page.

as far as I know, both the music/lyrics content has to be original..

• Like 3

It's an award for best song. If The Hobbit's is a better song, even though it's not sung by the main character in the middle of the movie, then it deserves to win. Simple as that.

ok i listened to it and it's not as good as hanging tree. next.

Shouldn't it also get best animated film and best documentary?

it's not an animated film or a documentary, but it is an excellent example of all the categories i listed and much better than most of the movies nominated

What other original songs have there been this year?

as far as I know, both the music/lyrics content has to be original..

Official rule is that it must be "original and specifically written for a motion picture" so it won't count if it was in the book.

• Like 1