CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

Me too, it doesn 't make any sense and all the explanations I ve read didn't convince me, at all.

weak marketing

Plus the fact that the title actually includes the words "Part 1", thus implying that if you're stupid enough to pay money to go see this, you're not even going to get a full movie with a beginning, middle, and end.

• Like 3

but nothing went wrong

What the fuck! I'm sorry but a film that grossed $424M and then making less than $300M is seriously wrong. Even from a studios perspective that is fucking terrible beyond terrible. I mean this isn't John Carter bad, and yes this still makes a shit ton of money, but this is not reaching its full BO potential by any stretch of the imagination. Something seriously went wrong here.

• Like 5

It has everything to do with how it won't drop over 60%. Unless some SM3 level WOM is incoming.

Maybe it is. Flixster rating is already down to 79%. That's crazy considering how early in the release timeline it is and the fact that most of the people voting on it right now are big fans.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, but I can understand the complaints about lack of action and whatnot. It is a very dialogue-heavy movie and I could easily see a lot of people getting bored with it.

• Like 1

What the fuck! I'm sorry but a film that grossed $424M and then making less than $300M is seriously wrong. Even from a studios perspective that is fucking terrible beyond terrible. I mean this isn't John Carter bad, and yes this still makes a shit ton of money, but this is not reaching its full BO potential by any stretch of the imagination. Something seriously went wrong here.

Kitik's post was sarcastic and directed at me. ;)

• Like 1