CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

Man, I think all studios might be shitting their pants right now. First, we had a weak summer (although somewhat expected). Then, Interstellar opens lower than anyone thought possible and then MJ1 opens way, way, way lower than anyone in their wildest dreams thought possible. 

What the fuck is going on?

there are reasons why both of those films ended up underperforming. 

don't think it will be number 1. Though depending on how MJ1 holds up I think it has a chance to beat that movie though. I think Battle of the Five Armies no doubt will get more interest than the last one and I think WB will bombard us with marketing in the last month. Also if it gets the best reviews of the three movies that can help massively as well. 

Getting the best reviews of the series isn't hard when the scores of the previous two films are nothing to write home about. 

I can't see MJ1 losing to TH3. 

By the way guys, if this year is meant to signal that audiences are truly abandoning going to the movie theater, next year is going to be the most brutal thing ever as we watch some of the most hyped releases in years/ever get massacred in under-performance. I may need a defibrillator by next December.

I don't think that's the case at all. This year's crop was just generally less appealing than previous years. CJohn called this last year. I got to give him props on that.

• Like 3

Man, I think all studios might be shitting their pants right now. First, we had a weak summer (although somewhat expected). Then, Interstellar opens lower than anyone thought possible and then MJ1 opens way, way, way lower than anyone in their wildest dreams thought possible. 

"Meh" economy.

I don't really care, I love GOTG, haven't seen Mockingjay yet ( or Hobbit obviously) but if I'm rooting for one to win it's Hobbit, even if I actaully like the other two better it makes up for DoS bot winning last year.

You never fail to amaze me with your toilet logic. 

• Like 6

Spoiler? 

i believe we had that scene in the trailers before the film's release.

anyway, fuck it, let me go 1557384250247 times to the theater to make up for the DOM loss

Edited by Ajde
  • Like 1

Just think if Hobbit 3 winds up dropping too.

Predictions will start plummeting for Age Of Ultron.

• Like 1

Getting the best reviews of the series isn't hard when the scores of the previous two films are nothing to write home about. 

I can't see MJ1 losing to TH3.

If it has a good increase because of the finale factor it could. I hope not though.

TH3 should have a real chance at matching AUJ's gross. It has no real chance at going much higher though, only slim hopes that it wildly overperforms. However, this WHOLE YEAR has been built on slim chances of movies to wildly overperform or underperform coming true (LEGO movie, Dragon 2, GOTG, MJ1).

• Like 1

I can only think of 4 people that care: Tele, Numbers, Ethan, and James. I am sure there are others, but I don't venture into The Hobbit thread much.

Ima try to do a Hobbit/LOTR marathon over X-Mas break and go see BOFTA. Lawd why do these movies have to be so-damn-LONG.

• Like 2

I loved THG franchise and although i liked Mockingjay, I prefer Guardians of the Galaxy though., but I don't really care which is #1 i just find it funny, I was one of te people who made fun of people predicting 250 million for GOTG. And I kept on saying since like early 2013 that MJ had it in the bad and would win by like over 50 million and that might not happen....

• Like 2

I assure you, it is business as usual at Disney. They had a massively successful year, and now they have a shot at having the number 1 domestic grossing film for 2014. They're probably confused as to why they have no bombs at the BO though because they were getting used to those with Mars Needs Moms, John Carter, and The Lone Ranger.

• Like 2

I assure you, it is business as usual at Disney. They had a massively successful year, and now they have a shot at having the number 1 domestic grossing film for 2014. They're probably confused as to why they have no bombs at the BO though because they were getting used to those with Mars Needs Moms, John Carter, and The Lone Ranger.

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  

• Like 1

there's always tomorrowland next year.

• Like 4