Olive

Official Weekend Est: MJ1 56.9M Penguins 25.8m BH6 18.77m Interstellar 15.8M

Too many kids movies are going to be in theaters over the last 5 weeks of this year.  Big Hero 6?  Penguins of Madagascar?  Night at the Museum 3?  Annie?  Into The Woods?  The Hobbit? Those movies are awesome if you are 10 years old, but what about adult moviegoers who want something thoughtful?  Gone Girl will be the only adult drama this year in the top 25 at the box office.  What happened to making movies like Captain Phillips, Argo, Blood Diamond, Michael Clayton, Lincoln, etc.?  The adult stuff in the fall this year is now low budget indie fare showing on only 1,000 screens.  Terrifying trend.  We basically have to wait 10 months to finally get a glimpse at adult-oriented stories, and now that that time is here we barely get any.

Ugh. pretentious. Not all movies have to be deep and thought provoking, you know, and not all family films are dumb trash that adult moviegoers cannot enjoy. (and you added Into the Woods and the Hobbit to that list?) Besides, who complains about film companies releasing family fares for the holiday season on a box office forum? it's a very reasonable business strategy box office wise and it's not like the market's been too much family driven for the whole year anyway.

• Like 7

Ugh. pretentious. Not all movies have to be deep and thought provoking, you know, and not all family films are dumb trash that adult moviegoers cannot enjoy. (and you added Into the Woods and the Hobbit to that list?) Besides, who complains about film companies releasing family fares for the holiday season on a box office forum? it's a very reasonable business strategy box office wise and it's not like the market's been too much family driven for the whole year anyway.

It is pretentious for me to want more than 10% of the movies this year aimed at adults?  90% of the movies are aimed at kids and teenagers.  Sorry, but Into the Woods will be very kid friendly.  Disney and a PG rating will make sure of it.  The Hobbit is a movie about midgets.  It is also a movie aimed at kids.  

It is pretentious for me to want more than 10% of the movies this year aimed at adults?  90% of the movies are aimed at kids and teenagers.  Sorry, but Into the Woods will be very kid friendly.  Disney and a PG rating will make sure of it.  The Hobbit is a movie about midgets.  It is also a movie aimed at kids.

The Hobbit is not aimed nat kids. It's aimed at wide verity of age groups basically from ten years of age up you can find interest in The Hobbit.

• Like 1

DADT will be lucky to get to 85m. It's just dropping without a stop.

Would have been great to have replaced the slots for DADT and Horrible Bosses 2 with a couple of intelligent adult dramas with the same budgets as those movies. Both comedies have been trashed by critics and audiences - no need for them to exist.

Would have been great to have replaced the slots for DADT and Horrible Bosses 2 with a couple of intelligent adult dramas with the same budgets as those movies. Both comedies have been trashed by critics and audiences - no need for them to exist.

As if the market has room for more adult dramas right now. There are some fantastic ones plating but obviously not connecting with today's must have everything spoonfed culture.

DADT will be lucky to get to 85m. It's just dropping without a stop.

85 mill from a 35 mill budget is okey dont you think?

I think i read somewhere that OS rights are sold for 40-50 mill

DADT is a big succes IMO(BO wise)

Except for the fact that they tend to make studio's a lot of money

As if the market has room for more adult dramas right now. There are some fantastic ones plating but obviously not connecting with today's must have everything spoonfed culture.

Don't worry ya'll Angie is coming to slay the box office with Unbroken. $150m+ guaranteed.

Jack-OConnell-as-Louis-Zamperini-in-Unbr

• Like 2

85 mill from a 35 mill budget is okey dont you think?

I think i read somewhere that OS rights are sold for 40-50 mill

DADT is a big succes IMO(BO wise)

No doubt it will profit but with that opening it should have hit 100m. I am all about as many films as possible making money cause then we all benefit.