I think the fact that we see scenes not involving Jason Isaacs at all is strong evidence that we are in two real, separate realities and Isaac's character in each reality is aware of the other's existence (instead of the idea that one reality is manufactured inside his head. We have two realities, and two Isaacs).I enjoy that the two shrinks are taking such different approaches to the premise. Cherry Jones' enthusiasm and wonder at his "condition" is refreshing and a nice contrast to B.D. Wong's no-nonsense "you're delusional" approach.Coolio the "conspiracy" part has to do with "why" the "accident" happened. I doubt very much it has anything to do with the awareness of the realities. And that's a fair plot angle to take, examining whether the accident was really an accident and if it wasn't, why that was the case.

I think the point is that the conspiracy adds a ridicilous layer to a show that is fairly grounded otherwise (despite the premise.)

How can you say it's ridiculous when all you have to go on is a single short scene? We know nothing of what life was life pre-accident, so you have no idea what Isaac's character (in the "color" universe) was getting into. It isn't ridiculous because all we know is that Color-verse Isaac's accident wasn't an accident. It's the hook that brings the audience into a season-long narrative arc in that universe and you can't judge it before it's actually given some time to present itself.Therefore, your argument is ridiculous in its prematurity.

Man, all I know is that conspiracy storylines are usually never interesting. I would prefer if it was like UK Life on Mars and mainly focused on the mental state of the character with a little bit of cop show thrown in there

I'm liking this show a lot. There's a bit of mystery mixed in with procedural stuff.The third episode was great! I didn't expect Rex to get kidnapped so fast but it's awesome how the episode worked itself out. I thought the Cooper in the red universe was gonna be a fake out where he turns into an evil son of a bitch and says something sinisterly like "I'm coming for you." as revenge but nope.The mystery part was downplayed a bit this week but it was an intense episode. I think the writers are finding the right balance between procedural and mystery so far.