A Marvel Fanboy

Dreamworks Animation: What Went Wrong?

Eh, that ship's probably sailed already. It's far from the worst thing she's said about them.It'd be nice if Dreamworks would start really taking advantage of experienced filmmakers like her. So far only DeBlois/Sanders have really made names for themselves there.

She's said worse? That's actually the worst I've heard from her (which is pretty interesting... And confirms what many of us were guessing about a few years ago). And I am glad she let loose like that as well. More honest that way.

If one is interested in having a long career in this business, I think it isn't very smart of her to be saying what she did at the end of the interview. 

They fired her from her own movie, and she is pissed.  Good for her to stand up for herself.

^ I know she reacted pretty forcefully when they tried to give Merida a makeover but other than that this was her being the most direct...

I admire her being honest but its a stupid move career-wise...

Edited by iEye
  • Like 1

They fired her from her own movie, and she is pissed.  Good for her to stand up for herself.

I know and agree in a way but I think it is never a good thing to burn bridges. There aren't that many studios that make animated movies and certainly it isn't a great move to alienate the biggest one...

She's said worse?That's actually the worst I've heard from her (which is pretty interesting... And confirms what many of us were guessing about a few years ago). And I am glad she let loose like that as well. More honest that way.

I think that HuffPost column she did berating their "glass ceiling" was far more abrasive than anything she said here.

Already On the Lot, but is it all right if I add this here? 

Fox and Dreamworks have joined the "Untitled Animated Features" game apparently.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/features/fox-skeds-five-animated-features-a-year-for-2017-2018/

No new titles or concepts were announced, only dates. Here’s Fox’s current animated release plans through 2018:

[*]July 17, 2013 — Turbo (DWA) [*]March 7, 2014 — Mr. Peabody & Sherman (DWA) [*]April 11, 2013 — Rio 2 (Blue Sky) [*]June 20, 2014 — How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DWA) [*]Nov. 26, 2014 — Happy Smekday! (DWA) [*]March 27, 2015 — The Penguins of Madagascar (DWA) [*]June 5, 2015 — B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations (DWA) [*]Nov. 6, 2015 — Peanuts (Blue Sky) [*]Dec. 23, 2015 — Kung Fu Panda 3 [*]March 18, 2016 — Mumbai Musical [*]June 18, 2016 — How to Train Your Dragon 3 (DWA) [*]July 15, 2016 — Anubis (Blue Sky) [*]Nov. 4, 2016 — Trolls (DWA) [*]March 10, 2017 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]April 7, 2017 — Ferdinand (Blue Sky) [*]June 16, 2017 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]July 21, 2017 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]Nov. 3, 2017 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]Dec. 20, 2017 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]March 23, 2018 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]June 29, 2018 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]July 20, 2018 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]Nov. 2, 2018 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature [*]Dec. 21, 2018 — Untitled DWA or Blue Sky feature

Edited by Ladybug
  • Like 1

Before TURBO can accumulate coins, Sony crowd the market with SMURFS2.

Animation is not as popular as action movies to be downloaded through pirate websites.

Why can't studio stagger the release. Overseas schedule seems more open to staggering.

Some foreign operators love to pit 2 big releases against one another to...

kill their chances of success? Not.Making.Sense.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1