CJohn

Tuesday Numbers: MI4 - 9.5M; SH2 - 7.3M; Alvin 3 - 6.7M; Tintin - 4.5M; TGWTDT - 4.5M; WH - 4.1M

War Horse could get a decent total similar to Valkyrie, maybe?

Oscar nominations should push it further than Valkyrie. But 80m looks like the floor for War Horse. 100m is very possible with an Oscar boost, and if it wins (it very well could), it will go even further.

It could ? Highly doubtful .

great for SH2 but it is not reaching 200M.

I wouldn't say that it's likely at this point, but people wrote off the possibility completely much too soon and there is still a slim chance. Consider that of the 2005 films SH2's Sunday and Monday increases and Tuesday drop are most similar to Fun With Dick and Jane. Fun with Dick and Jane still had another $76M in its tank after December 27, so if SH2 could maintain the same ratio with D&J as it had on Tuesday for the rest of its run, it could make another $110M, more than enough to put it over $200M. I'm not sure that SH2 can really keep that up indefinitely, but it's not as if D&J had a long run, it was out of theaters by the end of February. (Compare that to SH1, which ran until late April.) And there is some leeway for SH2 to fall behind its current ratio, as long as it doesn't fall behind by too much, and still make $200M. So, is it still a long shot? Absolutely. But is it impossible? Absolutely not. Edited by Chrestomanci

Of the top 12 films in 2005, only Cheaper By the Dozen 2 saw a small increase, while most of the movies decreased between about 5% and 10%. I'd guess that decreases this year should still be fairly small, but may be bigger than in 2005 due to the increase in discount Tuesdays.ETA:Having thought about what I wrote for a couple of minutes, I'm actually second guessing it now. It's the holidays and people are going to go to the movies anyway, so discount Tuesday might actually have hurt the box office yesterday. In which case, Wednesday might in fact see better holds than in 2005.

Edited by Chrestomanci

MI4- $9.61mI think thats just fine number for WH. With Oscar push it can end up around $100m finally.

I agree... This could really benefit from oscars...Not every movie does that..