The Interview (2014)

38 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Just watched it and I liked it, but not as much as I was hoping. Not nearly as good as This is the End. I liked the message of the movie, but it didn't make me laugh as much as I was hoping it would. The story was good though and I liked the acting. Even though I was slightly disappointed in it, I am glad I saw it and I would recommend people to watch it.

Still, I would give it a.......

B(84)

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

Meh.  It was ok.  Had its moments.  Funniest parts by far were the two "Fireworks" scenes (during the interview and the Kim Jong-un death scene).

For those wondering what all the fuss was about, remember that it wasn't Sony hyping the controversial aspects of the film.  It was North Korea.  

• Like 1

"I fucked more women than Ellen DeGeneres" :rofl:

Franco was great. Park was great. Rogen was Rogen. But all in all, it's a pretty funny movie with plenty laugh-out-loud moments and a story that keeps you interested. I loved it how they Edgar Wright'd it with Franco telling the ending before they even started the mission but was disappointed that we never found out if that fat kid was real or not :D

8/10

• Like 1

I think on the surface the Skylark-Kim relationship is familiar territory for comedies like these but I personally found the honeydicking fascinating. For Skylark to conquer Kim he has to utilize the media manipulation tactics that have pushed him down for his own entire career. We're swayed by Kim the same way Skylark is because the idea of laughing with a figure like this totally opens your mind to who he could actually be. I also found the underriding thematic idea of journalism's descent into entertainment to be poignant in light of everything that's happened in the past two weeks.

• Like 3

"I fucked more women than Ellen DeGeneres" :rofl:

Franco was great. Park was great. Rogen was Rogen. But all in all, it's a pretty funny movie with plenty laugh-out-loud moments and a story that keeps you interested. I loved it how they Edgar Wright'd it with Franco telling the ending before they even started the mission but was disappointed that we never found out if that fat kid was real or not :D

8/10

They did the same thing with This is the End, James Franco basically describes the whole movie in an early scene of the film.

Enjoyed it a lot. Had some slow parts and odd pacing here and there but it was thoroughly enjoyable. Rogen and Franco are a great duo, and I always enjoy seeing what they come up with for characters. Definitely not as good as This Is The End but a damn funny film nonetheless.

B- and I'm happy to say I did see it in a theater and there were a ton of laughs.