grim22

The Greatest Showman | PT Barnum Biopic starring Hugh Jackman. Fox releasing. Christmas 2017

11 hours ago, forg said:

Is there a chance for 400M worldwide?

Domestic:  $160,766,870    44.5%
Foreign:  $200,517,845    55.5%

Worldwide:  $361,284,715  

It should make it. All it needs is roughly another $15M domestic and $25M overseas--that shouldn't be a problem. Even a $10M/$30M split seems doable.

Edited by KC7
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2017 at 4:27 PM, hegemony said:

The real circus had to shut down because no one cares about the circus anymore. Studio is probably a bit worried about the BO for this. 

Yep.

Audiences really turned their backs on this film...

Domestic:  $169,744,618    42.6%
Foreign:  $229,073,109    57.4%

Worldwide:  $398,817,727  

Should hit $170M dom and $400M WW in the next few days.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/tomb-raider-black-panther-coco-greatest-showman-international-box-office-weekend-results-1202341938/

Closing in on $400M worldwide, Fox’s Hugh Jackman singalong earned

$3.8M in 25 markets this session. The offshore total is now $229.1M for $397.7M global. Japan is swinging with a great dip of just 22% for a $29.7M cume to date. The UK is now at $53.2M and Australia has cumed $25.3M.

• Like 1

Just now, KC7 said:

Mojo says it's made it to 400M WW.

Domestic:  $170,127,872    42.5%
Foreign:  $229,977,467    57.5%

Worldwide:  $400,105,339  

Incredible. So irked this is gonna miss the 20x multi DOM by like 2-3m though. It's gotta be our last chance for that to ever happen for a wide release. 

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Incredible. So irked this is gonna miss the 20x multi DOM by like 2-3m though. It's gotta be our last chance for that to ever happen for a wide release. 

Well, it's also very, very likely that we don't get a wide release that does a 19 plus multi in a very loooooooong time.

Amazing legs by GS. Along with Jumanji, it proves you can open a wide-release within days of a ginormous blockbuster and still bank lots of coin. Maybe studios will no longer give each other's "tent pole/event" releases such wide berths. 

Greatest Showman's second through seventh Saturdays all beat its first Saturday, even though its first Saturday its theater count was more than 3,000. I wonder how many times that has happened?

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I am still angry about how Fox shit on this film when it was released.  They actively tried to block runs of this movie in favor of Ferdinand and acted like the movie was a write off.  

lol Fox. 

Kinda reminds me of the meme ''be careful who you call ugly in middle school''

On 26/3/2018 at 5:29 AM, EmpireCity said:

I am still angry about how Fox shit on this film when it was released.  They actively tried to block runs of this movie in favor of Ferdinand and acted like the movie was a write off.  

But how quickly the can make those changes & push Showman instead of Ferdinand when they realized Showman was gonna be a Word of mouth mini phenomenon ?

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

But how quickly the can make those changes & push Showman instead of Ferdinand when they realized Showman was gonna be a Word of mouth mini phenomenon ?

Ferdinand opened about a week earlier and they didn't realize Showman was going to break out until the second weekend it was open.  

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 9:29 PM, EmpireCity said:

I mean what else were they gonna do when it opened to an abysmal 8m and one of the worst saturated OWs ever? Try to push it harder? Anyone would have been faultless for thinking the movie was DOA at that point. I'd be way angrier about their marketing campaign for it, which was atrocious and the reason it opened that poorly to begin with. The trailers they threw together made this look ridiculously unappealing. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 8:06 PM, MovieMan89 said:

I mean what else were they gonna do when it opened to an abysmal 8m and one of the worst saturated OWs ever? Try to push it harder? Anyone would have been faultless for thinking the movie was DOA at that point. I'd be way angrier about their marketing campaign for it, which was atrocious and the reason it opened that poorly to begin with. The trailers they threw together made this look ridiculously unappealing. 

This was before release.  

On 4/3/2018 at 9:06 PM, MovieMan89 said:

That's your opinion.

The trailers were fine.

On 4/3/2018 at 8:17 PM, Bishop54 said:

This girl better be well compensated for the awesome job she did with "Never Enough" ( a big part of why the soundtrack is still in the Billboard Hot 200 Albums' top five) .

Edited by StevenG