DeeCee

Friday Box Office-MI4-$10.7m SH2-$7.4m

That's part of it. But the other part is that she just drives me nuts in her interviews. I just don't like her.Maybe you're right. I just looked at 2005 and saw King Kong dropped the most and i compared Sherlock to it. I'm probably wrong.

Lets see.. In my book it will drop 42% spot on..

100m DT won't secure a sequel.But for the sake of 2011 having 30 movies over 100m, cool then.

Depend on OS.. They new in advance that OS gross would be a big part of this franchise

Depend on OS.. They new in advance that OS gross would be a big part of this franchise

But you can't build a franchise depending on OS gross alone.The next should reach 100m to secure another sequel and that looks unlikely.

Yea, but look at films from past Christmas periods. Yogi for example had a 6 multiplier. Studios are dumb, but they're not that dumb. Chipmunks is the only real kids film out right now. You don't think Fox knew that coming in? Even Guru mentioned it in his write up on the opening weekend of Chipmunks. Timing is everything.

Well being leggy is different from finishing strong. TGWTDT could be leggy but won't finish strong, that is of course is base on expectations of some.

But you can't build a franchise depending on OS gross alone.The next should reach 100m to secure another sequel and that looks unlikely.

Sure you can.. Its done before.You want examples??

Shitty sequel books and movies shouldn`t secure sequels, not boxoffice north or south of $100 mio. I mena, those things have Lisbeth`s dad who is a Ukrainian mafioso. Lmao. Yep, as bad as it sounds or worse.

I haven't read the books or seen the swedish movies and I don't know how I feel about this one yet.

Sure you can.. Its done before.You want examples??

Don't you say Ice Age, because those movies have all done over 176m.You can't have a franchise in these days with just one barely over 100m movie to build on.

Don't you say Ice Age, because those movies have all done over 176m.You can't have a franchise in these days with just one barely over 100m movie to build on.

depends on budget Tawa..Garfield 2 was made intirely for OS...

There's nothing "saved" about these films. Studios calculate this when they pick the release date. They know ahead of time that their films will play well over the holidays. It's not luck that these films are having great legs, it's by design.

Of course. But none of them opened to the big numbers that both we and the studios were expecting. Any other time of year and we'd have 3-4 total disasters on our hands.

Of course. But none of them opened to the big numbers that both we and the studios were expecting. Any other time of year and we'd have 3-4 total disasters on our hands.

I'm assuming you are referring to Alvin and Sherlock. I don't think anyone expected massive numbers for War Horse, Tin Tin or Dragon tattoo. Now Alvin is coming off a terrible film so if the studios were smart, based on what they know of sequels and natural erosion, I'm assuming they would account for a 10-15% drop for Alvin. As for Holmes, it is a bit of a shock that it dropped so much, but not really to me. I found the first to be an incredible bore. so seeing this one open softly doesn't surprise me at all.