baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

Where did I say that?

Here's what's left:

A woman who says fuck in every sentence of the film

A pet Rock

Space, the final frontier and a vast wasteland polluted

and a film with one of the worst female performances of all time

• Like 1

2) Many Pixar films but especially the Toy Story Sequels and WallE: Pixar, with the help of Disney, has convinced the masses that their brand of animation is deep and filled with human emotion and it represents all that is wonderful with the world. In fact, their world is filled sunshine and rainbows, so much so that when toys are about to be incinerated, grown men cry, sorry, weep, sorry...they BAWL their damn eyes out. Toys people. They're not real. I digress. Pixar loonies will also tell you that Pixar is the shining beacon of light and most other animated films from the other studios are simple cash grabs with no creative process to it. They are slapped together over night so that Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen can make a quick buck. But Pixar seeks out Mother Theresa for advice. They somehow have convinced the masses that much of their profit from their films and merchandise goes to feed the hungry and cloth the poor and build homes for the transients. Pixar can do no wrong. They are benevolent, selfless, charitable, only create quality work while their rivals are simply out to make a quick buck.

Pixar is on the right, everyone Dreamworks and other animated studios on the right:

jesus-vs-satan,-battle,-good-and-evil-14

Toy Story 3 and WallE especially imo are two of the main culprits here. Their stories are saccharine. Their world is filled with wonder and awe and good. But underneath it all is a cold and calculated Machiavellian plot to control all of you. And it's working. In fact, don't be surprised if I don't show up to forums tomorrow. The Pixar police will find me and they will kill me. You are my witness.

In fact, I am cutting this diatribe short because I think I hear a knock on the door.

ToyStory2Wallpaper2800.jpg1000509261001_2033463483001_Mahatma-Gand

Angelina-jolie-Zahara.jpg

wall-e-wallpaper-wall-e-6412244-1280-102

OHTVdwg.jpg
  • Like 13

Baumer, I've really loved the list. It's been entertaining as shit... that said, I need to say something to you I've always wanted to about your views on Toy Story.

2) Many Pixar films but especially the Toy Story Sequels and WallE:  ... In fact, their world is filled sunshine and rainbows, so much so that when toys are about to be incinerated, grown men cry, sorry, weep, sorry...they BAWL their damn eyes out.  Toys people. They're not real.  I digress...

Here's my issue with this aspect of your opinion Baumer. You went to a movie titled "Toy Story" and insisted to yourself that, as toys, they aren't real characters. Uh, that's not the way animated films work, sorry. You liked Frozen right? Well, talking snowman aren't real, why should you care about Olaf? The minions aren't real. Any talking animal isn't real. Heck, if I wanna take it to a further length, characters in film aren't real in general unless it's a biopic. I know TFioS is your favorite movie of the year, and guess what? Augustus and Hazel aren't real!

I understand that you don't like the movies but I always hate when you have this reasoning instead of "it wasn't funny and when people were crying, I didn't like the characters so I didn't give a fuck." It's just incredibly against one of the core points of cinema, which is to get you to care about things that aren't real.

/blankrantover

• Like 12

Here is Jean Dujardin, a year after he sold his soul to the devil, winning best actor.  

You watch, he'll just disappear in about 10 years.  No one will know why.  He just won't turn up for work one day.

Mephistopheles.   

Hasn't he already disappeared? LOL

• Like 1

Here's the complete list

1) The Artist

2) A bunch of Pixar films

3) Citizen Fucking Kane

4) Magnolia

5) Every Single Potter Film

6) The Exorcist

7) Batman Returns

8) Chicago

9) Kill Bill Volume 1

10) JJ Abram's Star Trek films

11) Shakespere in Love

12) There will Be Blood

13) Skyfall

14) The Dark Knight Rises

15) A lot of Marvel films (but not Avengers)

16) The Hobbitses

17) Silence of the Lambs

18) Full Metal Jacket

19) The Jump Street Films

20) The Hunger Games 

21) Requiem For a Dream

22) Interstellar

23) Unforgiven

24) Any of the Nightmare on Elm Street films besides the first and last

25) The Godfathers

I agree with 15 out of the 25.  Not a bad 60% agreement ratio ;)  So I like the list for many reasons.

As for the Citizen Kane thing, I am not even disagreeing, although I obviously like it more than you do :P But have you ever seen the film, RKO 281?  It is a great take on how the movie was made, what it is about and everything that happened during the making of it.  It will not change your opinion of the film, but it may give you a different view on it.  So it will only suck 12 donkey balls instead of 13 :P

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2

Huh? I was expecting Star Wars or 2001.

How does Transformers 3, a film that literally no one on the planet likes (with the exception of one...), make it onto a list about overrated films?

You can't be serious, TF3 had good wom Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Because Hollywood has so many good parts for a heavily-accented French actor.

As Tele stated he was in WOW and he was also in groan Monuments Men.  The accent is great but it's a shame he can't subdue it because he'd have made one hell of a Bond or great Hollywood lead.  I love his spy spoof OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies.  He's effortlessly (or he makes it look effortless) charming, sexy, funny and his scenes with the chickens are gold. :lol:

• Like 3

This has been one of the more fun threads I've done.  Not only did I have fun putting it together, I had fun reading all of your comments.  Even the ones that took this way too seriously (Alpha), you are guys are awesome.  I'd love to see someone else take a crack at the list.  Any takers?

BTW....this officially ends me liking every post in this thread.  It's now back to normal.

• Like 2