Fancyarcher

American Made | 9/29/2017

Just now, That One Guy said:

I trust in Doug Liman.  Everything he touches ends up better as a result of him.

I mean I guess Jumper wasn't the worst movie of all time because of him maybe. still steaming hot garbage. same with Mr + Mrs. Smith

• Thanks 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I trust in Doug Liman.  Everything he touches ends up better as a result of him.

yep. you see that liman style all over this. you definitely see his most recognizable stylistic flourish which is the "directed by Doug Liman" credit at the end.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

looking forward to this finally coming out so i stop getting the marketing

Have you seen a lot of marketing for this? I have only seen 3 tv spots for this and it was prefight for mayweather mcgregor. I keep seening stuff for Home Again Which I Really Want To See Don't Judge Me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

Have you seen a lot of marketing for this? I have only seen 3 tv spots for this and it was prefight for mayweather mcgregor. I keep seening stuff for Home Again Which I Really Want To See Don't Judge Me

i've gotten ads for this in front around 8 movies

• Like 1

Camera work is great. They went for a classic 80s look. One of the best films of the year so far. Cruise is terrific. The story is mad as hell. It's a fun ride. Oh and plenty of inside the cockpit shots when you can see Cruise landing on a bumpy field in Columbia.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Goffe said:

Saw the trailer for the first time in front of Atomic Blonde. It looks like it was filmed with a GoHero Pro. Did Liman try to make it look terrible? 

Some of the camera angles:gold:. Very DTV low budget.

That is Liman's wild style, man. You never know what that mad man will pull out of his sleeve next.

• Like 1

Tom Cruise’s American Made grossed $8.1m from 43 territories for an early international total of $33.4m. The film debuted at number two in Germany on $1.4m. While it debuted in German-Switzerland at number one on $339,000. Hong Kong produced $481,000 in week one, while the UK held at number two in week three on $892,000 for a total of $5.6m. There are 22 territories to open over the next three months. This weekend, American Made debuts in Brazil, South Korea, Mexico, France, Italy along with six other territories.

https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/spider-man-homecoming-takes-708m-in-china-debut/5122230.article

• Like 1