CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

As a random aside, could Travolta have been any creepier if he tried?

That was one of the highlights of the night along with Terrence Howard getting uber-weird.

Every time I see Travolta, I recall his famous one-liner from Taking of Pelham 123, "Lick my bunghole, motherfucker!" It's arguably the most awkward delivery of any line in any film...ever.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

That was one of the highlights of the night along with Terrence Howard getting uber-weird.

Every time I see Travolta, I recall his famous one-liner from Taking of Pelham 123, "Lick my bunghole, motherfucker!" it's arguable the most awkward delivery of any line in any film...ever.

Terrence Howard getting all teary-eyed and emotional over The Imitation Game was one the funniest shits I've seen recently.

John Travolta's face last night was more on the side of horror.

Edited by Sam

Actually, yeah, come to think of it, Imitation winning Best Adapted was the biggest surprise for me this year. I thought it and the direction were the weakest points of an already pretty average movie. Just my opinion of course...

While I don't think it deserved to win, it wasn't much of a surprise.

Last ten winners:

1. No Country For Old Men

2. 12 Years a Slave

3. The Departed

4. The Hurt Locker

5. Argo

6. Slumdog Millionaire

7. Birdman

8. The King's Speech

9. The Artist

10. Crash

I guess I can finally say goodbye to putting Million Dollar Baby at the bottom of my 'last ten winners' lists. :(

1. No Country For Old Men

2. Birdman

3. The Hurt Locker

4. 12 Years A Slave

5. Slumdog Millionaire

6. The Artist

7. Argo

8. The Departed

9. The King's Speech

Haven't seen Crash, and have no plans to.

Scientology has a way of turning people into creepy weirdos.  First tom Cruise jumped on a couch among other things and now John Travolta gives Black Widow a really awkward kiss for the cameras.  

Lets not forget the whole thing with Idina Menzel during the Ceremony. It made me feel uncomfortable. 

Scientology has a way of turning people into creepy weirdos.  First tom Cruise jumped on a couch among other things and now John Travolta gives Black Widow a really awkward kiss for the cameras.  

John Travolta has been a weirdo for years! :lol:  :lol: Theres like a dozen stories of him trying to pick up guys in gyms on reddit. :lol: