CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Lets not forget the whole thing with Idina Menzel during the Ceremony. It made me feel uncomfortable. 

They tried to manufacture laughs and chasing them instead of playing it straight. The reason people still remember Adele Dazeem is because it was an actual flub unlike whatever stupid name Menzel called Travolta by. They should have just had Travolta walk out with Dazeem and let the audience fill in the blank.

I don't think I have been this dissatisfied with the Oscars within the past 10 years? At least not since Crash won. I loved Birdman, but come on. And the ceremony itself was just poorly put-together. But then again, I guess you could also say the somber nature of the movies themselves (Birdman, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and I guess Whiplash are the only films that were open to parody; you couldn't make many jokes at Boyhood's expense beyond cheap "this show is as long as its filming schedule" gags, while satirizing American Sniper, The Imitation Game, Selma, and The Theory of Everything would've pushed the boundaries of good taste considering the heavy themes at the center of those films) pretty much boxed the whole thing into a corner if they wanted to play it as safe as possible.

Yeah and nominating Avatar had nothing to do with Cameron vs Bigelow did it? they were smart, they knew what they were doing. Btw, Avatar, Inglorious Bastards and District 9 were all better movies than the winner of that year. Seriously how can anyone thing Hurt Locker deserved the win?

Avatar was nominated just because it was a Cameron film. They fill is pure shit.