3. The Big Short

4, The Hateful Eight

5. Spotlight

6. Inside Out

7. The Martian

8. Steve Jobs

9. Mad Max: Fury Road

10. Bridge of Spies

After Steve Jobs's box office performance, I don't know if it can sustain momentum. It'll at least get in for Fassbender, Winslet, and Screenplay, or maybe it could be another Gone Girl situation, who knows. I'm hopping on the Mad Max train with caution.

• Like 1

Update:

Bridge of Spies

Carol

Hateful Eight

Inside Out

Joy

The Martian

The Revenant

Steve Jobs

With In the Heart of the Sea looking in right now.

Well I forgot about Spotlight on my last predicts-update again, 4 days later!

The Big Short

Bridge of Spies

Carol

Hateful 8

Inside Out

In the Heart of the Sea

Joy

The Martian

The Revenant

Spotlight

Yeah I know there wont likely be 10 films, but for now this is what I'm going with.

• Like 1

Steve Jobs is too strong of a film to fall off tbh. It might not get director, but at the very least it will be getting nominated in Actor, Supporting Actress, Screenplay-- it'll get a a best picture nom and maybe an editing one. 

Besides, according to Anne Thompson, it is doing quite well with industry folk. 

http://www.indiewire.com/article/pod...eason-20151023

Edited by TStechnij

carol will get a nom. purely for the incredible RT and metacritic and blanchett/ mara are 'hot' in hollywood's eyes.

brooklyn, room, beasts of no nation, son of saul are high RT movies that will get the snubs.

in the heart of the sea sneaks in due to the box office/scale/scope of the thing(the moby dick book is incredible)

the big short gets to top 5 based on latest screenings saying it is incredible. All star cast.

inside out gets in due to sheer noms.

the good dinosaur we will have to assess.

Edited by Halba

carol will get a nom. purely for the incredible RT and metacritic and blanchett/ mara are 'hot' in hollywood's eyes.

brooklyn, room, beasts of no nation, son of saul are high RT movies that will get the snubs.

in the heart of the sea sneaks in due to the box office/scale/scope of the thing(the moby dick book is incredible)

the big short gets to top 5 based on latest screenings saying it is incredible. All star cast.

inside out gets in due to sheer noms.

the good dinosaur we will have to assess.

I don't think you understand how this works at all. 

Anyways, what if with your confidence in In The Heart of the Sea?

One hindrance with Sea is its box office-remember it comes out one week before Star Wars. Though I do hope it does well-that will really kill its chances of doing well.

But one thing for it for sure is the director-the Academy loves Opie! 

That was more victim to a bad release date+bad box office.

The Martian and Inside Out could also be the only 2 pre nom blockbusters this year. (remember The Revenant and Hateful 8 wont go wide till January)

• Like 1

That was more victim to a bad release date+bad box office.

The Martian and Inside Out could also be the only 2 pre nom blockbusters this year. (remember The Revenant and Hateful 8 wont go wide till January)

cant see martian getting a nom.

inside out will be the sole blockbuster on the list this year.

Edited by Halba

cant see martian getting a nom.

inside out will be the sole blockbuster on the list this year.

I can definitely see The Martian getting nominated, even if its chance of winning is like 5%.  Same with Fury Road.  The reviews are good enough to justify it and I'm sure the Academy wants to boost their viewership.

• Like 1

I can definitely see The Martian getting nominated, even if its chance of winning is like 5%.  Same with Fury Road.  The reviews are good enough to justify it and I'm sure the Academy wants to boost their viewership.

Also The Martian has really good legs for a blockbuster-something not to forget also.