LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

2015 is a big year

These are my perdictions for the big films

TA2: 218/575 million

Fast 7: 110/257 million 

Jurassic World: 100/260 million 

Spectre: 102/270 million

MJ2: 150/380

SW7: Unsure about opening but final gross around 500 million.

Based on current trends it should get a 50 million 2nd weekend and should be around 220 million by the Superbowl. 

Which helps AS is that it should pull out huge numbers till past President days weekend. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

There some was signification derailment away from the numbers -- geo-politics, American policy in the middle east, etc. In addition there were a few posts that were pretty insensitive. I removed them and comments that kept the derailment going by replying to the original posts.

If a movie called American Sniper does NOT bring up heated, controversial discussion then this forum is truly worthless. No offense bud but you guys are very inconsistent when it comes toward derailments in threads. I know you just volunteer but lol compared to all of the other nonsense you guys tolerate in this subforum every other weekend.

• Like 1

2015 is a big year

These are my perdictions for the big films

TA2: 218/575 million

Fast 7: 110/257 million 

Jurassic World: 100/260 million 

Spectre: 102/270 million

MJ2: 150/380

SW7: Unsure about opening but final gross around 500 million.

This year feels so exciting right now. Thinking 7 100m+ OWs. TA2, 50 Shades, Furious 7, Jurassic World, Minions, MJ2, and SW7. Possibility of 8 with Spectre. Hopefully they all stay Friday releases. I really hate the Wednesday openers for huge movies.

Edited by MovieMan89

I have a feeling TA2 will do a crazy opening weekend but legs wont be as good as expected as a result. 

IMO all the Phase 2 films have done massive numbers and having the different audiences together will be a huge result. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I have a feeling TA2 will do a crazy opening weekend but legs wont be as good as expected as a result. 

The trailers make AOU looks so meh to me. This coming from someone who still thinks the first is one of the most perfect popcorn flicks ever. This one just doesn't look like it will recapture that magic though. Unless the marketing is really deceiving. I do think only a standard CBM multi of like 2.5-2.6x or so is likely.

I bet Universal are super optimistic on their Snow White-less Snow White sequel with Hemsworth in the lead right now.

I bet Universal is already thinking on cancelling that.

The trailers make AOU looks so meh to me. This coming from someone who still thinks the first is one of the most perfect popcorn flicks ever. This one just doesn't look like it will recapture that magic though. Unless the marketing is really deceiving. I do think only a standard CBM multi of like 2.5-2.6x or so is likely.

To me I think AOU hype machine is quite well ahead of the first film already and will increase as there are 4.5 long months to go (sooo long)

Meaning, people who are a bit going meh will likely watch it as the hype around it grows to a feverish pitch and it also benefits there is no 2nd mega film in the summer to really look forward to (TDKR)

I wonder if some movies were inflated by teenagers buying tickets for some other movie to sneak into American Sniper

Doubt it. Unless the movie has a strong sexual theme, most theaters look the other way when teenagers purchase tickets.

• Like 2

Thats why I said "mostly justified."

Probably not. This is an R rated movie parents probably dont have a problem taking their teens too. Violence typically is ok. Now will moms be taking their 13 year old daughters along for 50 Shades next month? Not so sure about that.

Even the MPAA agrees, Sex and Language > Violence (as long as you don't show the actual effects of violence - like blood)

We have no way of proving that.

I can't, but look at history. Then you have December kids out of school and September kids back in school. December has the holidays were more people go to the theaters.

If a movie called American Sniper does NOT bring up heated, controversial discussion then this forum is truly worthless. No offense bud but you guys are very inconsistent when it comes toward derailments in threads. I know you just volunteer but lol compared to all of the other nonsense you guys tolerate in this subforum every other weekend.

Sorry, but Tele was right. I seen quite a few European posters talking trash on American behalfs, and I'm glad he came in and put an end to it. It's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another to end that opinion with a snarky swipe at an entire country. To me, that's trolling and baiting, and I believe to be against the rules.

• Like 3

I would. His 15 minutes have come and gone. 

Even in Thor he seems like a side character where the secondary characters and Loki take up the limelight. 

He is not like Iron or the Captain in their films. 

• Like 1

re hemsworth, I've talked to more than one person who still couldn't tell you which one is Thor and which one is JLaw's sidepiece in the hunger games.

Tell them the one that can act is Chris. Unless they've never seen an actor before, they'll know which one that is.

• Like 2