LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Alright well if you ever watch it at home, make sure it's turned up super loud, and smash your remote so that you can't turn it down.

I still can't imagine what it's like for an audience to actually applaud a movie. Next time I'm in the US I really need to go to a cinema, it sounds hilarious.

You should watch a movie in India. Audiences applaud, whistle, throw money at the screen and sometimes even dance to the songs in the aisles.

• Like 4

I still can't imagine what it's like for an audience to actually applaud a movie. Next time I'm in the US I really need to go to a cinema, it sounds hilarious.

The only times I've seen an audience applaud are when I saw The Princess and the Frog in college and when I go to film festivals.

Edited by tribefan695

Honestly, we're usually quite spoiled by quality films this month. The reality is the late-expansion Oscar bait is always going our to be "quality" haul in January. There's every incentive for studios to get their film a screening gig in December for Oscar consideration before they "officially" release it in a less crowded market this month. I don't think there's need to do any hand-wringing over whether they actually open this month or not.

Paddington is somewhat noteworthy in not having a limited release, though it did have awards screeners if riczhang is to be believed.

What I more meant by quality in general was audience reactions. We just got a 90M opener in January, something that not even December has achieved yet.

Alright well if you ever watch it at home, make sure it's turned up super loud, and smash your remote so that you can't turn it down.

Now now. I work with lots of foriegn students at my job, and I went out with a bunch of British college kids to see The Avengers, and they clapped like crazy during the Hulk smash Loki scene.

• Like 1

I just realized that this opened higher than any Bond film ever. And bigger than any of the LOTR or Hobbit did for 3-day. Just crazy!

And since it wasn't in 3D, it definitely sold more tickets on OW than any movie not named Mockingjay Part 1 from 2014.

• Like 4

And since it wasn't in 3D, it definitely sold more tickets on OW than any movie not named Mockingjay Part 1 from 2014.

Just insane. And I thought 2014 wasn't going to have that "Frozen-type" break-out... Well it happened, but in 2015.
  • Like 1

Twitter IndexUpdated: Sun Jan 18 at 09:16PM PSTFilm# Tweets

1American Sniper 240,371

2Unfriended 40,812

3Big Hero 6 26,381

4Selma 20,455

5The Theory of Everything 15,937

6Boyhood 14,742

7Into the Woods 14,069

8Taken 3 10,815

• Like 1

Christopher Mark Heben

"I took my twelve year old son to see American Sniper today. I believe you're never too young to learn what sacrifice, dedication and devotion to Family, Faith, Community, and Country means....and whobetter to learn it from than an American hero! Thank you Chris Kyle, your legend lives on."-CMH

Yup people are taking there kids

David Vaught

I took my 10 year old daughter. Explained to her hero's aren't guys that play with a ball or a girl that sings on a stage. It's guys like this who are willing to go thru this for us.

Melissa Carter

Took my 9 yr old totally agree! Great story Great Man!

Edited by Donald
  • Like 1