LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Lol...this is not true and kinda insulting, but ok.

That is exactly what everyone around the world thinks when they hear "Middle America". They think of people that aren't intellectual...and that they're generally racist, homophobic, and blindingly patriotic.

• Like 1

The outside world doesnt live here.

And the world doesn't revolve around America. Just because America thinks of Middle America meaning this, doesn't mean that the rest of the world automatically has to. We are entitled to our own opinions and definitions and I'm just reporting the facts as I see them. 

• Like 1

That is exactly what everyone around the world thinks when they hear "Middle America". They think of people that aren't intellectual...and that they're generally racist, homophobic, and blindingly patriotic.

Pretty much. We have an exceedingly low opinion of America. 

• Like 1

Mostly comes from movies and the civil rights era.

However I think few remember MLK infamous visit to Chicago. 

Didn't have one, but grimm22 did ;)

Reposting for the new page, American Sniper 28-30M Friday, 75M+ 4 day weekend. Wedding Ringer and Paddington both 23M or more 4 day weekend, Selma 11.5M 4 day, Imitation Game 7.7M, Taken 3 18M, Blackhat bombing with 5M 4 day.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-shocker-american-sniper-764330?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29

Clint Eastwood's American Sniper is smashing records at the North American box office, where it's now projected to earn $75 million or more over the long Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, well ahead of expectations.

That would mark the largest opening of all time for the month of January, as well as for a modern-day war movie. To boot, it is one of the top nationwide debuts for an R-rated title. Friday's take alone was an estimated $28 million-$30 million, including $5.3 million from late-night Thursday runs.

Once again taking advantage of the MLK holiday, Hart returns to theaters this weekend in The Wedding Ringer, from Screen Gems. In an unexpected development, the R-rated comedy is finding itself in a close race with family film Paddington for the No. 2 spot. If Friday numbers are any indication, both films could gross in the $23 million range for the four-day weekend (some even have Paddington beating Wedding Ringer).

Despite its topicality in light of the hacking of Sony (reportedly by North Korea) and the star power of Chris HemsworthBlackhat is quickly proving to be the first box office bomb of 2015. The action thriller may not even clear $5 million in its four-day debut, a major stumble considering its $70 million production budget, and possibly putting it at No. 10. 

Selma is poised to come in No. 5 over the holiday weekend with a four-day gross in the $11.5 million range, bringing its domestic total to roughly $29 million. Brad Pitt's Plan B Entertainment and Oprah Winfrey produced the drama, starring David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King. Jr. Paramount is distributing the film in North America.

Nabbing eight Oscar nominations, TWC's The Imitation Game will grow its domestic cume to north of $50 million through Sunday after hearty weekend earnings of roughly $7.7 million. The biopic, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and now in its eighth weekend, is poised to come in No. 7.

Back in the top five, Fox holdover Taken 3, starring Liam Neeson, will take the No. 4 spot with an estimated four-day gross of $18 million, putting its 10-day domestic total at a strong $67 million.

Edited by grim22

Youre not even getting my point. My point was about AS breaking out and pleasing the whole country, not the "bigots" of the USA.

And the world doesn't revolve around America. Just because America thinks of Middle America meaning this, doesn't mean that the rest of the world automatically has to. We are entitled to our own opinions and definitions and I'm just reporting the facts as I see them.

I have no idea what youre talking about...I dont think we're even on the same subjet anymore.

Just, ok.

• Like 1

Who said that the film just appealed to bigots? Eastwood pussied out on creating an accurate portrayal of Chris Kyle. The majority will have no idea just how much of a psychopath Kyle was.

This. Our definition of Middle America encompasses something like 40 states representing a good 70-80% of America. 

• Like 1

Who said that the film just appealed to bigots? Eastwood pussied out on creating an accurate portrayal of Chris Kyle. The majority will have no idea just how much of a psychopath Kyle was.

Anyone who really expects anyone to be a normal family man who had over 160 confirmed kills, is a blind idealist imo. 

• Like 1