druv10

7.8M Thursday number for AS (courtesy of Rth)

But by that logic we also can't consider MJ1 the top grossing movie of 2014 because its 2014 only gross didn't actually top GOTG.

Be serious for a moment. American Sniper is a very extreme exemple by any measure regarding the year and gross issue.

99,8% of its gross will be made in 2015.That s a very rare thing. The movie only had 4 theaters for 6 days in 2014.

Anyway, I dont particurly care, just pointing out that AS is an exception to the rule for so many reasons, this one included.

It will probably beat MJ1 whatever ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Be serious for a moment. American Sniper is a very extreme exemple by any measure regarding the year and gross issue.

99,8% of its gross will be made in 2015.That s a very rare thing. The movie only had 4 theaters for 6 days in 2014.

Thus making a 2014 release by default, and soon to be winner.

• Like 3

But by that logic we also can't consider MJ1 the top grossing movie of 2014 because its 2014 only gross didn't actually top GOTG.

Thus making a 2014 release by default, and soon to be winner.

I just think it's dumb that '15 has to give Clunker '14 a champ by earning 99% of the movie's gross! 

60M -> 400

65M -> 450

70M -> 500

75M -> 550

ish.  Say give or take 20M for each total

If a 70M weekend puts it on track for #5 all time and top 50 adjusted... Just wow! I'm not even that keen for this film and this makes me excited!

Let's not get carried away and start calling a 50-55M 2nd weekend a failure.

• Like 2

60M -> 400

65M -> 450

70M -> 500

75M -> 550

ish.  Say give or take 20M for each total

I don't think it will get to 400 million with a 60 million weekend. 4.5 multiplier from this weekend will be difficult even for a juggernaut like AS.