Alpha

Saturday numbers RTH: AS 16.8 pg 9

Soccer is for 7 year-old boys and girls in the U.S. Not nearly as dangerous or exciting as football tbh.

I'm just watching the Super Bowl to see Katy Perry fail

Type in Eduardo da Silva injury in youtube and then we'll talk about 'not as dangerous'

• Like 1

Soccer is for 7 year-old boys and girls in the U.S. Not nearly as dangerous or exciting as football tbh.

I'm just watching the Super Bowl to see Katy Perry fail

Why they don't get Taylor Swift is beyond me. She's the biggest thing on earth right now.

Who still cares about katy perry?

• Like 2

Why they don't get Taylor Swift is beyond me. She's the biggest thing on earth right now.

Who still cares about katy perry?

Well she is still quite popular with people.

However Taylor Swift be a good choice, as it plays a lot more to the target audience well. 

• Like 2

Agreed.  Can't believe that was 8 years ago though

I'm going to be bold but Prince topped Michael Jackson's Half-time performance that night. I mean when Purple Rain started, rain was really pouring on the stadium which was glowing purple, wow, I shed a tear at that perfect unique moment.

• Like 2

I'm going to be bold but Prince topped Michael Jackson's Half-time performance that night. I mean when Purple Rain started, rain was really pouring on the stadium which was glowing purple, wow, I shed a tear at that perfect unique moment.

I may not go that far, but I do get what you are saying. :)

I give Prince props for playing in the rain and the danger of electrocution though ;)

• Like 2

From what I heard the Superbowl they want to keep artists who appeal to women a lot to get in more viewers.

It works imo as a lot of girls I know watch the suprerbowl for the stars.

I think the Superbowl is popular in Canada due to the spectacle.

We don't have games with massive stadiums and audiences much, all the epic commercials and crazy half time shows.

As much we try to act all hipster in Canada and crap on American consumerism, we are drawn to it a lot. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

PWRSH4E.png

Haha, it's not even remotely comparable. Never knew UEFA was that big tho. Amazing. Every guy I know places 3-4 bets at least when it comes to UEFA, my dad included. :lol:

Also, what's up with the singers for the SB? Why do you need music for a sports event? What's the connection?

Edited by James
  • Like 2

I may not go that far, but I do get what you are saying. :)

I give Prince props for playing in the rain and the danger of electrocution though ;)

When he segues from his All along the watchtower's rendition to Foo Fighters Best of you, he surprised the fuck out of me and he rocked it like a champ. Even Dave Grohl was like "WTF?!Prince singing my song to millions of people", he can die a happy man.

• Like 1