K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

The Midwest, Oh how I love the Midwest, but this doesn't make us look good.

I think they may have got California right, just checked theaters near me,Kingsman has more shows than 50 Shades at 4 theaters, 50 Shades has more at 2 theaters, the other theaters have equal number of show for both.

• Like 1

Only to the people who predicted over 100M 3-day.

For the record I never predicted $100M or anything. I was in the $100M club for the hell of it cause I wanted to see it in Feb, but really my heart was high 70's/low 80's. Im not dissapointed, Im just happy 2015 is exploding! $90Mer, $50Mer, $80Mer, 2015 is on a hot streak.

But yeah no one should be dissapointed in this. I mean how many people reallyyy are doing BDSM on the reg?

• Like 2

I think they may have got California right, just checked theaters near me,Kingsman has more shows than 50 Shades at 4 theaters, 50 Shades has more at 2 theaters, the other theaters have equal number of show for both.

At one of my local theaters FSOG has 5 more ahowings , at the other one it has 8 more showings. At the closest one Jupiter Ascending actually has one more showing than Kingsman.

I get the feeling that 50 Shades number will go up. Obviously will have much more night business than daytime. Might even hit $40 million.

Also there'll be a huge jump for business (minus sneaks) tomorrow. Maybe 25-30%. $100 million 4-day is definitely still possible.

• Like 1

20th Century Fox’s Kingsman: Secret Service in second with close to a $40M four-day and a Friday of $12.5 – $13M today. The $8.6M generated by Fifty Shades from Thursday night previews and the $1.4M made by Kingsman will be rolled into each film’s Friday ticket sales.

Holy shit! I think the movie looks really good but I thought it would just be another one of those under the radar action flops. Fantastic number.

• Like 1

Yeah. that's right. usually hollywood sees stuff make money and they just shrug and go "good for that. we better not jump on the back of this in any way. lest we look greedy."

It is not because of this weekend that we will get more R movies.

it's a part of a grander movement. I'm not saying Avengers 3 is gonna have tits in it or anything, but it's kinda ridiculous to immediately shut it down or say hollywood "doesn't care" about something that's making lots and lots of money.

• Like 2