grim22

Shaft | June 14 2019 | New Line. Jessie T Usher, Samuel L Jackson

Looks like reviews are great. All I see on RT is a bunch of woke idiots crying about "toxic masculinity" and other sjw crap.

Seriously, did anyone really expect great critic reviews here? From Tim Story comedy? I know RT nation people don't have their own opinion, but c'mon. If you enjoy this type of movies, you probably gonna like it. Or vice versa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

Looks like reviews are great. All I see on RT is a bunch of woke idiots crying about "toxic masculinity" and other sjw crap.

Seriously, did anyone really expect great critic reviews here? From Tim Story comedy? I know RT nation people don't have their own opinion, but c'mon. If you enjoy this type of movies, you probably gonna like it. Or vice versa.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

@Firepower woah, where did this come from? If you want to have this opinion, you are most certainly entitled to it, and entitled to express it. But there are much more mature ways of doing so, especially if you want people to actually listen to you.

Edited by DAJK

Not cool

Ignore

DON’T QUOTE     

C’mon guys, there are some users on the board who often makes comments that would be better off wiped from existence. By the magic of the ignore feature, it is as if this is true... but not if people who aren’t on ignore quote them 😛 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Not cool

Ignore

DON’T QUOTE     

C’mon guys, there are some users on the board who often makes comments that would be better off wiped from existence. By the magic of the ignore feature, it is as if this is true... but not if people who aren’t on ignore quote them 😛 

Or the admins/IT people could update the site and make it so that people can't see quotes from people on their ignore list. I've seen this stuff done before on other forums, and it's pretty effective if I do say so myself. Sure, you may not know why people are posting snarky gifs, but I feel most people have the self-control to not click on the "show ignored content" button, so why can't this be applied to here? I would think that the staff would want to curb trolling as much as possible, and this seems like an easy solution to stop this kind of behavior. Seems pretty strange they wouldn't try something that's been done in other websites.

But that's none of my business. (insert Kermit pic here)

Anyways, back on topic. Shaft looks lame and apparently is lame. Ah well, poor SLJ

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

@Firepower woah, where did this come from? If you want to have this opinion, you are most certainly entitled to it, and entitled to express it. But there are much more mature ways of doing so, especially if you want people to actually listen to you.

I just saw some random "critic reviews" with some truly idiotic "arguments" (not unexpected at all these days). There's nothing more mature than pointing out that this is very stupid and people should have their own opinion. I would've been embarassed if "people" who really believe in super-dumb things like "toxic masculinity" and cry about it in "movie review" had agreed with me, so I don't really care if they listen because that's a lost cause.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

I just saw some random "critic reviews" with some truly idiotic "arguments" (not unexpected at all these days). There's nothing more mature than pointing out that this is very stupid and people should have their own opinion. I would've been embarassed if "people" who really believe in super-dumb things like "toxic masculinity" and cry about it in "movie review" had agreed with me, so I don't really care if they listen because that's a lost cause.

I read the blurbs on RT and the entirety of a few of the reviews and I see what you mean @Firepower. So much virtue signalling and I got a sense of "It's 2019 now so this movie is totally beneath me". I mean, if the movie's bed then the movie's bad. I don't really care. It's just funny to see so many people take exception to the jabs here and there the film apparently makes toward contemporary PC culture.

• Like 2