grim22

Shaft | June 14 2019 | New Line. Jessie T Usher, Samuel L Jackson

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Ah.  I don't have anyone on Ignore (nor do I ever plan on putting anyone on ignore), so I wouldn't have realized.

Thanks for the update on that score. :)

My god, how do you survive this place 😂

Watched it today and was very positively surprised. It has a slow start to set things up and the story is somewhat lukewarm, but the interactions between the actors are point on and funny. Also, this is modern moviemaking done right imo. It caters (meant in a positive way) to both old-school viewers as well as a modern pc crowd and brings these two "opposing forces" together (except maybe the most hardcore ones). And, imo, hits that home. My only qualms are that they underused Richard Roundtree, bringing him very late into the story. But then again these (roughly fifteen) minutes really deliver. Clearly not a masterpiece but an improvement over the year 2000 Shaft movie. I will definately watch it again. :)

Edited by incognitoo
typo