baumer

Baumer's ridiculous, uninformed, stupid list of MY BEST 105 FILMS EVER , FULL LIST PG 42

I am most displeased with the apparent lack of Sensei Seagal movies...

I enjoy his movies, unfortunately the only one that would make the top 150-200 is Out For Justice (also with Forsythe).

86) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

Steven Spielberg

In his third film, Indiana Jones continues to hunt down artifacts and fight bad guys. This flick easily has as much action as the last outings, with plenty of fights and chases to entertain. The setpieces are quite ambitious as Indy outruns villains on a moving train, infiltrates a castle, and takes on a tank on horseback, among other brilliant sequences. And the comedy is probably the best in this film; the dialogue and interplay between characters are often quite witty.

The-Last-Crusade-Screencap-indiana-jones

The story for this is strong and ambitious as Indy goes out to find the holiest artifact of them all: the Holy Grail. The story is tightly-paced and well planned-out as mysteries unravel and turncoats are revealed as the adventure presses on. But what really propels this story to greatness are the characters; they receive their strongest treatment here as Indy struggles to reconcile things with his dad (not to mention, the opening flashback reveals a lot about their characters).

This the perfect way to end the trilogy, and they even ride off into the sunset.  The acting is great; Harrison Ford is still perfect as the main hero, Sean Connery is perfectly cast as Indy's father, Alison Doody is appealing, John Rhys-Davies is still the man, Julian Glover is decent as the villain, and River Phoenix was perfect in his role. It's essentially a perfect movie.

indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-1989-

Interesting stuff:  

Harrison Ford nominated River Phoenix to play him as a teenager. When describing how he prepared for playing the role, Phoenix explained that he didn't really base his portrayal on the Indiana Jones character, but on Harrison Ford. So he observed Ford out of character before acting his part.

Two thousand rats were bred for the production (they had to be bred specially as ordinary rats would have been riddled with disease).

When shooting in Venice, they were allowed to have complete control of the Grand Canal from 7am to 1pm for one day.

Yay!

Easily my favourite of the trilogy. When I say Last Crusade is better than Raiders, people think I'm crazy. I feel more sane now.

• Like 3

Watching Extreme Prejudice now....28 years later....it seems a little dated becauee the "high tech military" stuff the guys use is kinda like using a Commodore 64 in todays age. But the story isnt dated and I love the cast. Rip Torn and Forsythe just ooze charisma here.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

You will feel crazy again when Raiders shows up further down the list. ;)

I have a sneaky suspicion another Indy film will show up later.  :ph34r:

Maybe it will maybe it wont.

Yeah I know it could, but if it does then clearly Baumer thinks they are at least pretty equal. Crusade = 10/10, I'm happy with that, whether it's higher than Raiders or not. I don't feel crazy for saying one 10/10 film is better than another. :D

• Like 2