terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

Happy for Sniper. It was a good movie, but Im just glad we're seeing an R rated film hit #1. In the age of superhero and YA films, who here expected that to happen again? FD will likely be G, and if it doesnt hit #1 then I dont know when we'll ever see #1 G again. 2014 was a wacky year, but I like it.

• Like 3

Focus having an alright drop, Sniper becomes highest grossing film of 2014, Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel opened great, and Kingsman is 2 million away from 100 that's all that's exciting this weekend

• Like 1

Story of the weekend is American Sniper becoming #1 of 2014, one of the more amazing things in BO history. Took the crown in a weak 2014 but still had to outlast a major franchise finale (yes it's just part 1) & a breakout new franchise in Guardians. Incredible honestly considering it was in limited release for weeks & then pulled off this run.

• Like 3

Chappie is probably going to end it's run with around 35-40M, which really is disappointing. I still really want to see it tonight, and I wonder if it would have done better if they had pushed Hugh Jackmans name more.

It's scary how close to Transcendence this opened...

Chappie is probably going to end it's run with around 35-40M, which really is disappointing. I still really want to see it tonight, and I wonder if it would have done better if they had pushed Hugh Jackmans name more.

It's scary how close to Transcendence this opened...

Hugh Jackman was sold as lead OS and it hasn't helped either.