terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

Not surprised by UB. I saw absolutely no promotion for it whatsoever to the point where I didn't realise it was a major release until this weekend. It would be pretty cool if somehow The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel went to number one.

This will be the first time since 2008 when the top two films of the year are both 2D films. Could also be the last time.

This will also be the first time a non-franchise film won the year since 2009, and the first R rated film to win since Saving Private Ryan in 1998.

It will also be the lowest grossing winner since Spider-Man 3, and lowest grossing adjusted winner since Three Men and a Baby in 1987

• Like 2

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 19 mins19 minutes ago

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY earned an estimated $1.7M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $152.5M. #FiftyShadesOfGrey

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 8 mins8 minutes ago

FOCUS earned an estimated $2.88M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $27.4M. #Focus

BoxOffice @BoxOffice  ·  7 mins 7 minutes ago

AMERICAN SNIPER earned an estimated $1.145M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $333.84M, overtaking GUARDIANS OF... http://fb.me/7aN2756Le

BoxOffice @BoxOffice  ·  2 mins 2 minutes ago

McFARLAND, USA earned an estimated $1.47M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $25.6M. #McFarlandUSA

• Like 2

Yet? Bcs of only a movie?

It has some books...

How do you define a franchise, only out of curiousity?

When it came out, it was a singular film.  

• Like 1