Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

What? How do you know? You do realize Maleficent had CRAZY WOM to reach that multi, right, especially with all the competition. 

What competition? HTTYD2 :lol: ?

• Like 2

What? How do you know? You do realize Maleficent had CRAZY WOM to reach that multi, right, especially with all the competition. 

Yes I realize that some people had to like that movie for it to hold so well. Angelina Jolie was really the main reason it did so well though and it didn't have the critics on it's side. this does.

What competition? HTTYD2 :lol: ?

You are kiddin right? First it was 'Fault' and 'Edge', then HTTYD2 and Jump Street, then TF4 and so on. Maybe they are not all direct competition, but they are competition and they are way more than what Cinderella is gonna have.  

• Like 1

You are kiddin right? First it was 'Fault' and 'Edge', then HTTYD2 and Jump Street, then TF4 and so on. Maybe they are not all direct competition, but they are competition and they are way more than what Cinderella is gonna have.  

This is surreal; I remember making a post like this to explain why I thought Maleficent was gonna bomb.

Still need chopsticks....

• Like 3

I've been looking at Oz. it made 24M fri, Sat 33M, Sun dropped back to 21M.

I think Fri for this will be lower, let's say 21M, but I think Sat and Sunday will be the key difference maker (obviously cause that's when kids and parent will go). I think we could see Sat being higher with 34M, and the biggest being a lighter Sunday drop, I'm thinking maybe 30M.

21+34+30=85M.

At the moment on Movieticket.com Cinderella had 74% ticket sold vs Run all night 3% (Insurgent, Furious 7 and Marigold Hotel 2%).

At the show I saw yesterday afternoon (in Italy), there were mostly families with children under 10 years old, who seemed more interested (at least basing on their reactions) in Frozen that in Cinderella. After some time many of those were bored and  this was annoying for the adults who were seeing the movie.

I think this will have a higher Friday than Oz, but a smaller Sat jump.

26 + 32 + 23 = 81

With a 3.5 multiplier, that gets just over 280M total.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

I think this will have a higher Friday than Oz, but a smaller Sat jump.

26 + 32 + 23 = 81

With a 3.5 multiplier, that gets just over 280M total.

3.5x is quite a generous assumption.

• Like 1