Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

To be 100% honest, it wouldn't surprise me if this one is less front loaded than the first one.

I agree. I don't think too many people, fans or non-fans, are going to flood the theater this time. I think the total weekend is going to skew closer to $50M than the $45M the Thursday night number implies.

How could you possibly         

Only for a second, before my brain turned on (and read the rest of the post)...

Edited by Nutterbutter
  • Like 2

Woah! What can we expect for the weekend if even 27 holds? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I love speculation. Divergent did 54 of a 24M Friday right? So that would mean 60 for Insurgent?

Those aren't real #s, just his dream #s. :P

Shocker! Insurgent surging toward $27-30 million Friday despite 16% Thursday dip from Divergent

This is the type of headlines I want to see tonight. One can dream, right?...

You tricked me

Marie-Slaps-Skyler.gif

even already imagining that tomorrow would fall  :ph34r:

• Like 2

I agree. I don't think too many people, fans or non-fans, are going to flood the theater this time. I think the total weekend is going to skew closer to $50M than the $45M the Thursday night number implies.

Only for a second, before my brain turned on (and read the rest of the post)...

yeah, less of an “event" if you will. So we might see more people waiting patiently for Saturday or Sunday.

Also I've already heard talk form some girls at my school who saw it last night and the word is very positive.

Lionsgate today announced the remake of Insurgent. This has already happened with the first movie of Hunger Games saga, which was redone being named Catching Fire and released a year later, in 2013. Lionsgate expect better reception for the remake of Insurgent.

Edited by TheMazeRunner23

I just want strong box office. That's mainly why we're here, to track box office, isn't it? We have a chance to have SIX films over $50M OW before May even begins. Will probably be 5 because of Insurgent.

I don't get it though. Isnt the goal every month to break the record or atleast do better than last year? Insurgent, Get Hard, and Home could end the month on the strong note, but most want all 3 to fail. Yeah they're all bad, but box office is box office. After the dismal 2014, I just want to see 2015 smash record after record. I really do hope Insurgent recovers and Get Hard and Home do something respectable so this March has some sort of story to tell other than Cinderella. One hit months bore me.

tracking box office doesn't equal wanting a strong box office. it depends on the movie. for example i was very happy about and excited by catching fire's box office because it's an amazing movie that deserved to defy expectations and prove female-led action movies can be consistently popular. on the other hand american sniper's box office made me sick to my stomach because it's an islamophobic propaganda movie and knowing so many people bought into it was horrifying. it all depends on the context so people being happy/sad about insurent's numbers really just reflects whether they like the series and want it to do well or not

• Like 1

tracking box office doesn't equal wanting a strong box office. it depends on the movie. for example i was very happy about and excited by catching fire's box office because it's an amazing movie that deserved to defy expectations and prove female-led action movies can be consistently popular. on the other hand american sniper's box office made me sick to my stomach because it's an islamophobic propaganda movie and knowing so many people bought into it was horrifying. it all depends on the context so people being happy/sad about insurent's numbers really just reflects whether they like the series and want it to do well or not

American Sniper is propaganda for what exactly?

American Sniper is propaganda for what exactly?

it presents the united states military's terrorism against innocent civilians in the middle east positively, in my opinion that's pretty propaganda-y

aw i was kind of hoping it would still manage to increase, but i guess OS is the real test for this movie