Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

I doubt part 1 still happens. The numbers would definitely decrease, and with Insurgent looking to decrease slightly (I'm thinking 48OW based on that # and 130 total), Lionsgate would want Allegiant part 1 to decrease again to 115. If they keep it as on movie, they could see a healthy increase for the final film.

I doubt part 1 still happens. The numbers would definitely decrease, and with Insurgent looking to decrease slightly (I'm thinking 48OW based on that # and 130 total), Lionsgate would want Allegiant part 1 to decrease again to 115. If they keep it as on movie, they could see a healthy increase for the final film.

Domestically it looks to decease but O/S it looks to have really expanded in the early markets it's opened in. If WW it shows enough growth and decent legs then they still might split the last book.

• Italy up 23%

From 102K euros to 128K euros OD (less than 20K tickets sold), very weak numbers, even if here, for almost all the movies, thursday OD isn't much predictive for how will be their run, we should wait saturday or even sunday, especially for those that have mostly family audience.

This site has become negative about way too many movies.

Insurgent will still be two movies

Shaileen doesnt want or need to be Jlaw

The filmwill do well WW

But people will want to spin negativity no matter what.

Carry on while Lionsgate cries themselves to sleep on piles of money

• Like 14

Domestically it looks to decease but O/S it looks to have really expanded in the early markets it's opened in. If WW it shows enough growth and decent legs then they still might split the last book.

Oh I have no doubt this will increase WW. 375 is very doable.

you can see the negativity is coming from haters. Has this board now become a troll board ?

Variety reports something complete different they say Insurgent opens impressively

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/insurgent-box-office-1201456858/

They also still think it will top Divergent's weekend numbers

Lionsgate’s “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” has opened impressively with $4.1 million in Thursday night showings in the U.S.

“Insurgent” expands to 3,875 locations Friday and is opening on the same weekend as “Divergent,” the first in the series, did a year ago. Lionsgate is hoping that star Shailene Woodley’s higher profile as well as the continued popularity of the books written by Veronica Roth, which serve as the source material, will bolster revenues for “Insurgent.”

Pre-release tracking suggests that the film should top the $54.6 million debut of its predecessor, which totaled $150.9 million in the U.S.

Edited by mredman

you can see the negativity is coming from haters. Has this board now become a troll board ?

Variety reports something complete different they say Insurgent opens impressively

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/insurgent-box-office-1201456858/

They also still think it will top Divergent's weekend numbers

4.1M preview number is disappointing, considering it had 3D. There's no hate, it's just a fact. It could still do well for the weekend, but it's not off to a good start.

• Like 6