Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

Would have been twice as big if Shailene had kept her hair long

So if Shailene's hair was twice as long Insurgent would have been 4x as big?

Edited by C00k13

giphy.gif

AND YALL WANT ALL THESE MOVIES TO BOMB!?

Go Insurgent go! Go Home go! Go Get Hard go! Good lord I didnt know this March was that bad.

You can thank the March 1-12 period, and Sony and FOX tentpoles doing hardcore cash in the first weekend of the month :lol: 

Liosgate received 65M (which is 59% of 110M)  from international distributors for Divergent. Do you think Lionsgate received less for insurgent?

Those numbers are helpful -- do you have a link to where they came from? The article I found contained an announcement from Lionsgate that they had presold 80% of DIVERGENT's budget (which BOM listed at 85m).

edit: 80% of 85m is 68m, so I guess those numbers are equivalent, more or less.

Edited by Telemachos

It hard to blame the marketing because it sucked for the first one too.

But the first one had the “Oh, the next big YA fad, let's go see of it's good?" thing going for it. And the decline is representative of the answer to that question.

• Like 1

Shocker! Insurgent surging toward $27-30 million Friday despite 16% Thursday dip from Divergent

This is the type of headlines I want to see tonight. One can dream, right?...

A dream is anything over 22M. That is a goddamn miracle :lol: 

• Like 5

Shocker! Insurgent surging toward $27-30 million Friday despite 16% Thursday dip from Divergent

Woah! What can we expect for the weekend if even 27 holds? Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I love speculation. Divergent did 54 of a 24M Friday right? So that would mean 60 for Insurgent?

Okay, come on, man, for a second I thought that was a real headline. Don't do that to me.