cheesypoofs

Will Marvel ever make an R rated film?

Judging from the dark reputation of the new Daredevil series I'm going to go with YES.

Yeah, they just might, might, release a property that is known for it's R-Rated content like Daredevil or The Punisher. And heck, might even throw in cameos from the Avengers in there, but as one of the major tentpole films, highly doubtful. Best thing I see happening would be for them to release an uncut version on BluRay.

• Like 1

I think it's important to ask is does marvel need to do a rated r movie? There is nothing about that rating that impacts quality.

Not in itself, there are some storylines and characters, by censoring them down, waters down the story.  alot in some cases.

Yes but it is confirmed for R, so I don't understand why anybody would say 0% chance.

Because Deadpool isn't owned by Disney, films with the marvel brand have already been rated R. (Punisher, Blade ect.) considering how most of the MCU films are barely even PG-13. I don't see it happening, but than again Daredevil got raves, and AoU suffered bc it was too much of the same soo...