Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

So does most of the TV viewing population of the US. The internet makes it seem like the show is very hated or something.

Yea I was initially surprised at all the hate the show gets online.

Big Bang Theory is blackface for nerds.

I was going to say this, but you beat me to it. My friend despises the show, and he used that exact phrase.

I have no interest in it, simply because what little I saw turned me off. The characters were smug and whiny, it wasn't funny to me, and I don't much care for sitcoms anyway.

Edited by TServo2049

Every single person in that show is just a terrible person. It's impossible to root for any of them. There's an episode were Raj wants Howard and Bernadette to break up because he has the hots for her, how can we root for a friend like that? Penny wants sex with Leonard when she's drunk and then when he's drunk and wants sex he's a pig? Oh Stuart's suicidal? Let's make constant jokes at his expense! Need not even start with Sheldon. They all flat out bullied that guy Zach that Penny dated.

Bunch of dicks. Every one of them. 

• Like 5

Big Bang Theory just isn't funny. I could post the infamous "remove the laugh track" video but really why bother? It's banal humor where I can't even crack a smile

Here is the issue with that video though, the show needs to pause for the laugh track. It is the same with Lego movie or Guardians or 22JS. Watch them without an audience in the theater and you basically have pauses where it can effectively say "Insert laugh track". Having been to 3 different BBTepisode tapings, I can assure you that the laughs are actually genuine. The audience is having a good time in the taping and laughing where they need to laugh.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Like most Chuck Lorre sitcoms, the humor is really broad and really obvious. Some people like that, some don't.

Surprised you didn't fit a Lab Rats plug into this post  :lol:

• Like 2

:lol:

Grim is right. Sitcoms come out of the live theater vaudeville tradition. You wait for laughs so that lines aren't lost. Every beat and timing of a joke is built around this. Even sitcoms that don't use a live audience (like Lab Rats -- ha, Chewy!) use crew laughter and/or paid laughers for timing.

• Like 2

It's the Disney show Tele works on :rofl:

I just Googled it. So that's what Hal Sparks is doing these days lol. I bet Disney also has him doing PSAs talking about the importance of Internet parental controls or something so that kids don't come across videos and images of his many sex/nude scenes from Queer as Folk back in the early 2000s.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

I just Googled it. So that's what Hal Sparks is doing these days lol. I bet Disney also has him doing PSAs talking about the importance of Internet parental controls or something so that kids don't come across videos and images of his many sex/nude scenes from Queer as Folk back in the early 2000s.

Hal has started directing some of them too. I literally sent him a cut last night, lol.

• Like 1