CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

:lol:

Who cares about HOME or INSURGENT?

Looked at the theaters near me, Insurgent has suffered badly in terms of showtimes thanks to Furious 7. Insurgent was basically on the RPX, IMAX and other large format screens, and right now it only has 2-4 shows left for the day in every single theater. Even Cinderella has more shows to go despite being in release a week longer. Large format screens are starting to become a big factor in box office.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Looked at the theaters near me and Insurgent has suffered badly in terms of showtimes thanks to Furious 7. Insurgent was basically on the RPX, IMAX and other large format screens, and right now it only has 2-4 shows left for the day in every single theater. Even Cinderella has more shows to go despite being in release a week longer. Large format screens are starting to become a big factor in box office.

It is Easter so it is likely Cinderella has a better hold. Furious 7 will also destroy Insurgent. Theater owners were smart in keeping Cinderella with more showtimes.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Furious 7 is going to decimate the April OW record.

How long will that record last?

There are no big April releases the next few years which have been announced yet, so it could hold the record for a long time.

• Like 1

Universal will wake up and realize Pacific Rim 2 and the Monsters franchise fuckery are bad ideas and schedule Fast 8 on April 2017. The record still won't fall, tho.

Tokyo Drift came out in summer '06 and opened to $23m, the same summer Dead Man's Chest broke the then opening weekend record. If you had told me then that a decade later the Fast and Furious franchise would be pulling DMC OWs I would have had to believe that the ticket inflation  rate had gone up about 500%. Hell, I wouldn't have believed back then the franchise would even get a 4th installment.

• Like 5

Tokyo Drift came out in summer '06 and opened to $23m, the same summer Dead Man's Chest broke the then opening weekend record. If you had told me then that a decade later the Fast and Furious franchise would be pulling DMC OWs I would have had to believe that the ticket inflation  rate had gone up about 500%. Hell, I wouldn't have believed back then the franchise would even get a 4th installment.

It would be nice if Spider-man could bounce back like the Furious franchise did.

Easier said than done, though.

Furious 7 is going to decimate the April OW record.

How long will that record last?

Can anything top it? It's gonna be tough. Fast 7 is the biggest franchise Universal has. Once they put this series back to April I knew TWS fate was sealed. Studios would have to release something really good or one of their biggest.

It would be nice if Spider-man could bounce back like the Furious franchise did.

They would need to bring back Maguire, Dunst, Franco, Dafoe, Garfield, Stone, Dehaan, Cooper, Jones, the Lizard dude, Molina, Grace, Dallas Howard, JK Simmons and both Aunt Mays to work like it did for the Fast franchise  :ph34r:

• Like 1

It could. But I think the reboot was poorly done. That definitely hurt it. The movies weren't bad to me but they weren't greatness either. People want to see Spiderman do some cool stuff not the depressing things in the reboot movies. Uncle Ben dies again? I could barely take the first time, lol. The fights in the first series were legendary too.  Nothing really came out of the reboot.

Can anything top it? It's gonna be tough. Fast 7 is the biggest franchise Universal has. Once they put this series back to April I knew TWS fate was sealed. Studios would have to release something really good or one of their biggest.

THE HUNTSMAN  :ph34r: