CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Iron Man 2 had the 5th biggest OW of all time, had a 30% increase from Iron Man, and people were still calling it a flop and starting WWW threads.

Now AOU could have the 2nd biggest OW of all time, and people would have the same reaction. Though 2nd biggest is a wide range at this point. 175 would be a lot more disappointing than 205. Just think if it somehow only made 173 and came in under IM3. But of course that seems extremely unlikely. The interest for AOU is definitely there.

Iron Man 2's WWW threads were fun but let's be real. Nolan's the trendsetter, with the first 450M/1B "disappointment" :rofl:

• Like 1

Iron Man 2's WWW threads were fun but let's be real. Nolan's the trendsetter, with the first 450M/1B "disappointment" :rofl:

A blazing trailmaker, everywhere he goes. Hail

• Like 3

Really? Lol. Of course. It is all Depp. Depp = bomb. Into the Woods says hi. 

Into the Woods was a fairytale musical ensemble. Depp wasnt the star, if anything Meryl Streep was. 

Depp is a draw in certain things but i think audiences have definitely gotten tired of the quirky persona. Which is the reason why Mortdecai flopped. 

Remember how shocking it was that Attack of the Clones didn't even win the month?

• Like 1

As if it could truly be considered a disappointment.... stupid movie, will always have the what if factor attached to it.....

IM2 was only a disappointment to those who thought 150m was a given.... (which included Paramount) to have only opened a little higher than Alice and then finish beneath it AND the first movie was disappointing. But precedent tells us that sequels decrease more than increase (with some exceptions of course.)

And before someone jumps on me, TDKR isn't stupid in total, but some parts of it.....

Edited by narniadis

I think people were really talking about the "Quality" of those films more so than the Box Office cause I don't see how IM2 nor TDKR were box office disappointments.  But they did both decrease from there predecessor's.   If TA2 comes it at 185-195 then that's a cool small decrease.  I think IM3 numbers or less would be an alarming drop though.  

Weekend numbers are great. I was in the 120M club but didn't think anything over 125 was possible. Fast was an average movie that is elevated to amazing by the last 10 minutes so I am happy to see it making bank.

Everything else just got hit - always happens when a bohemoth enters the market place, same thing will happen in 4 weeks, but then nothing will really be making much anyways.

Get Hard didnt.... wasn't expecting it to collapse quite so much.

I think "April's" Pre-Summer status has risen thanks to the Fast and Furious Franchise and Cap 2.   

No moreso than March. Historically March has had bigger movies than April, and there's every reason to expect that trend to continue in 2016 and into the future.

CATWS, F7, and F5 are the exceptions, not the rule.

seriously you really don't think a movie with the 2 biggest superheros in 1 movie is gonna beat a fast and furious movie ?

I think it's gonna be just around the same OW ( better legs though. MoS had mixed WoM at best and Affleck's Batman is unproven.

• Like 1

seriously you really don't think a movie with the 2 biggest superheros in 1 movie is gonna beat a fast and furious movie ?

150 would be a good mark and close enough to the previous Batmans to be a good opening, but realistically expecting more is asking to be disappointed when it might not hit that mark.

April still isnt pre-summer, just like January and August still isnt top tier. This just show Easter weekend/first April can handle something massive, same with MLK Day.

Yeah this wekend looks good, but the rest of April is still dead...