CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

I guess this puts to bed any doubt in the large impact Ledger's death had to TDK's gross. Fast 5 opened to 34m, 6 opened to 38m so given them stats this should be opening at around 40-42m yet is opening 50% higher, that's insane.

No. Not the same situation at all

Edited by John Marston

I guess this puts to bed any doubt in the large impact Ledger's death had to TDK's gross. Fast 5 opened to 34m, 6 opened to 38m so given them stats this should be opening at around 40-42m yet is opening 50% higher, that's insane.

Well, keep in mind, Furious 6 came out in a very competitive weekend where the Hangover 3 came out, swiped some of their demographic, and Star Trek and Iron Man 3 were still doing business. I'm assuming business was also a bit more spread out over Memorial Day weekend? While there's no doubt that Walker's death has added some to the grosses, I don't think the increase is mutually exclusive to it. And, I think we're just seeing the goodwill of the past couple films carrying forward + adding Statham.

• Like 2

The question is, had the series finally reached its peak?

Every series has its zenith and this is probably it for Fast. Everything both good and bad comes together in a way that just cannot be replicated - similar to the Dark Knight.

• Like 3

So if back during Tokyo Drift's run, and any of you could have looked into the future and read this thread, what would you be thinking?

"I should go to Vegas, make a really specific prop bet and then just wait"

No idea. But I would be willing to drive to LA if it is Saturday afternoon/evening.

Honestly, Saturday is probably the only day that would work for me, unless we hooked up at the Arclight Hollywood or Citywalk for a night show.

...Im trying real hard to hold back tears but its not working.

Niagara Falls. Let it flow.

• Like 1

Well, of course today was the day that the A/C in #4(IDX) decided to crap out. We had some bail in the last two shows but it only amounted to about 40-50 tickets.

Thursday - 922

Friday - 3071

And we swapped around a couple things so that if it goes crazy again tomorrow, it might be able to increase by 500-750.

• Like 2

Walkers death didn't help any of his other last movies, I seriously doubt the big increase was mainly because of his death.

Please.

Walker in Fast & Furious was his signature role, the one he was known for.

He died tragically in a SPORTS CAR while making the movie.

OF COURSE his death plays a role in FF7 BO run.

In other news, water is wet.

• Like 5