CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Neither SPECTRE nor JURASSIC WORLD will hit 1b. Mark it, dude.

Spectre will grow big in Asia for sure. So I can see it gross 750M OS even with mediocre exchange rates. So it has to gross < 250m domestic to miss 1B. Possible but not probable as of today.

JW has potential and if marketing hits peak I can see it explode in asia and so 700m OS can happen. Domestic is hard to gauge. If Godzilla grossed 200m last year JW can gross 250M+. So it could go either way.

Minions should miss 1B for sure. I see it gross below DM2. MJ2 has no chance either.

It's bound to drop a decent amount in the UK and I think it will drop in the US as well. 1 billion is possible for Spectre but I could see it falling more into Hobbit territory.

• Like 1

After a $15.8M turbo Thursday preview, Friday has gone into overdrive with an expected $67M to $68M gross for Furious 7 which could put it anywhere from $148M to $150M. It will break records this weekend as the as biggest April opening ever as well as most likely the second-largest pre-summer bow in history only behind The Hunger Games ($152.5M)

DreamWorks Animation’s delightful family film Home in its second weekend is holding well, expected only to drop 45%, to gross about $28.7M for distributor Fox. To date, it’s well on its way to crossing the $100M mark with a total cume expected in of $96.98M. It was well-received by its core audience last weekend with an A CinemaScore.

Meanwhile, Get Hard is getting soft. The comedy starring Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart, is going to have a 60% drop or so in its sophomore frame. The buddy comedy was not that well received by critics, but has pulled in roughly $57.6M. We expect around $12.8M this weekend.

In the fourth and fifth spots are tough to call with the numbers that we currently have. Disney’s animated Cinderella looks like a $4.2M Friday for a weekend gross of $10M+ and Lionsgate’s Insurgent which grossed an estimated $4M today may end up around $10M+ as well. The good news for Insurgent, the second of its hopeful franchise, just crossed $100M in its third weekend of release so will pass $200M worldwide this weekend.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 5

DreamWorks Animation’s delightful family film Home in its second weekend is holding well, expected only to drop 45%, to gross about $28.7M for distributor Fox. To date, it’s well on its way to crossing the $100M mark with a total cume expected in of $96.98M. It was well-received by its core audience last weekend with an A CinemaScore.

Meanwhile, Get Hard is getting soft. The comedy starring Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart, is going to have a 60% drop or so in its sophomore frame. The buddy comedy was not that well received by critics, but has pulled in roughly $57.6M. We expect around $12.8M this weekend.

I LIVE